Ok, clearly I have no life, but who really gives a ****, here goes.

I don't live with my dad because he, from what I know, is a ****ing asshole. He never really did anything for us and was always mis-treating my mum. I stopped seeing him about 3 years ago.

But recently I've just been wanting to see him. I started playing guitar about 6 months ago. It's about the only thing I have in common with the guy (except he's played for about 7 years and plays more Nirvana than anything and I play metal...but anyway).

It's not really just that. He IS my dad after all...I just want a chance to catch up with him after 3 years. All that's stopping me is the fact that all he cared about was treating my mum like ****, and he might not even want to know me anymore. Weird, right?

All I'm asking for is opinions on this matter. Do whatever you want after that.
You're asking a bunch of insensitive assholes (myself included) about something as important as this?

Since no-one on here properly knows about your family situation, I'd talk to someone who knows you
Just because he hasn't talked to you in the past 3 years, doesn't mean he doesn't or didn't want to. On the other hand, it could mean just that.
Anyways, if you're going to meet him, hang out with him a bit, it's not like you're putting more than an afternoon on the line at a time, right? So if he turns out to be a complete asshole, just ditch him with no harm done.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
well, you have been living with your mom, so you probably have a pretty biased opinion of the guy.

but the fact that he hasn't really made an attempt to see you in 3 years is pretty shitty in itself. the guy sounds like he needs to grow up and take responsibility. but i don't know. that's just based on what i've read in your post.

i think you should go and catch up with him. there's no harm in that. you're not making any longterm commitment to him. it's completely acceptable for you to want to see your own father.
Such an important and personal matter should not be decided by complete strangers with the average intellect of a 13 year old on the internet.

If you think it's a good idea, go for it.
As long as you avoid Stuntin' like yo' daddy, you should be fine.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
just go see him
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
get your pimpin hand out and meet him
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I forgot to mention that one night, about 4 years ago, he almost killed my mum.

Thanks for the [mostly] positive feedback either way...
Quote by Lumeister

That's way ****ed man, but I think I still stand by what I said. Just don't get your panties in a bunch over it. Sure, he may have contributed to your life on Earth, but if he acts like a stranger, than there's no reason to care about him any more than a stranger.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by Lumeister

Maybe you should call the police instead?