Page 1 of 2
So I did a youtube journey inspired by the thread with the "dinosaur" video and I found some interesting stuff.
Apparently, there's a bunch of creationists who believe dinosaurs still exist in remote areas of the earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPcD5CWYPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jwh5gCEPr8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=odRXeRIL3Ew

In the first video, if you take out the religion part, and the earth only being 6000 years old part, he presents some decent arguments. There are chunks of the world that are completely unexplored, most notably the oceans. There are spots like the mariana trench near Australia that are so deep we haven't explored them yet. These undoubtably hold species we don't even know exist. In these vast, unexplored areas, do you think there is a possibility of larger creatures, such as pterosaurs and the remnants of dinosaurs?

Disclaimer:
I kept this out of the religion thread because the science in this debate outweighs the religion. Try to keep religion out of the argument please.

EDIT:
Ok, I don't JUST mean dinosaurs. I also mean prehistoric aquatic and flying creatures.
Last edited by saxaxe at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by GiantRaven
I highly doubt there are any Dinosaurs living deep underwater

What with them being land animals and all...

not all of them, captain brainiac
signed,
your favorite poster
^ hahahaha no sh|t

... and no.. there are no Dinos on Earth...

dragons on the other hand
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by wemonir

Really?

I thought all the...sea living...stuff was classed as something other than as a dinosaur

Hmm...oh well
Quote by GiantRaven

Ok well add prehistoric fish to the thread. Such as the Megoladon, a prehistoric shark twice the size of a great white. As the first video says, there have been several species of fish we never knew existed/thought were extinct then discovered.
I saw this documentary "Jurassic Park" and apparently they recreated dinosaurs using their DNA (or some ****, who cares?) and they are on some island with Jeff Goldblum and Samuel L. Jackson
My Gear:
Epi standard les paul
Taylor 110 acoustic
Fender blues junior amp
Fulltone OCD
Quote by GiantRaven

*facepalm*

Because there were no prehistoric creatures in the ocean
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by saxaxe
Ok well add prehistoric fish to the thread. Such as the Megoladon, a prehistoric shark twice the size of a great white. As the first video says, there have been several species of fish we never knew existed/thought were extinct then discovered.

Well I think its definately possible that something like that could be living incredably deep in the Ocean.

Theres hardly any conclusive proof either way though, which is shame.
Quote by wemonir

This guy is a douchebag

Aqua Dementia! WHERE ARE YOU!??

PS I love Dinosaurs
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
This will probably be my last post before im banned, but there a chance of ANYTHING living under ANYTHING. dont stop believing in dinosaurs. Dont stop believeing

if i can quote journey on this..

Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night..

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Streetlight people...

Ill see you all in 60 days
Quote by GiantRaven
Well I think its definately possible that something like that could be living incredably deep in the Ocean.

Theres hardly any conclusive proof either way though, which is shame.

It is. GiantRaven, you and I should band together and explore the depths of the ocean and the uncharted swamps and forests of the world. See what we can find. I'll put you in charge of financing, researching, and planning the mission. I'll be the figurehead and take care of the press.
Quote by WtrPlyr
I don't think so. The reason dinosaurs were that big was because the oxigen rate in the air (and water) was much higher so animals, plants etc. could be a lot bigger.

Uh..there were large undersea creatures.

I would think that there would be at least a few left underwater.I remember reading about how scientists discovered some species of fish in an ocean (I forgot the name..) that they thought had been extinct for a verry long time.
Quote by IronNecrosis
*facepalm*

Dinosaur =/= Prehistoric Creature

*facepalm*
there were prehistoric creatures in the ocean but I doubt they still exist...there quite enormous so they wouldn't be able to live deep enough to get missed by sonars and boats,dinosaurs are reptiles wich means they have to go to the surface every once in a while for oxygen ...and there also so big that would collapse under the enormous pressure
in the deeper parts of the ocean...
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
This will probably be my last post before im banned, but there a chance of ANYTHING living under ANYTHING. dont stop believing in dinosaurs. Dont stop believeing

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Streetlight people...

..............what!?
Quote by henza_x
errr.. people don't get paid to tab out songs.. its just by ear transcriptions most of the time, why don't you do it yourself?

"coz i can't"

then shut the **** up

Quote by MentalityBand
I would smile at that, but y'know...court order...
Quote by saxaxe
It is. GiantRaven, you and I should band together and explore the depths of the ocean and the uncharted swamps and forests of the world. See what we can find. I'll put you in charge of financing, researching, and planning the mission. I'll be the figurehead and take care of the press.

Deep water to me is like Snakes to Indiana Jones

Creationists believe it. Tells you all you need to know.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by severed-metal

There is a possibility for everything.

no... theres no possible way i could crawl up my own ass and walk right out my mouth

so NO .. not everything is possible... and seriously you kids are really fishing for dinos to be real
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Meths
Creationists believe it. Tells you all you need to know.

That was my first reaction, but once you take God out of the discussion, the first guy has some plausible points. I'm not saying it proves anything, its just worth thinking about.
If you must know...

One of the proofs they use for dinosaurs on earth is they think that a rotting corpse of some shark is the corpse of a dinosaur. I'm sure there's some rediculously old beasts left on this earth, but there should be no full blown land walking dinosaur, only a few relatives like 'gators, crocs, etc.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by IronNecrosis
*facepalm*

They can still be classified as land animals and be able to also live in the ocean.
Quote by BetrayingChinO
..............what!?

i got my second warning on UG.. im just waiting for the ban now.
Quote by saxaxe
It is. GiantRaven, you and I should band together and explore the depths ... and the unchartered ...

You keep that private, lads.

Edit: To actually add something worthwile to this debate, I imagine there are many species that have evolved from pre-historic creatures like dinosaurs and pre-historic sea creatures, but I doubt that if any were alive now that they wouldn't have evolved into something very different in all that time.
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Streetlight people...

you are so moronic its inspiring...
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler
no... theres no possible way i could crawl up my own ass and walk right out my mouth

so NO .. not everything is possible... and seriously you kids are really fishing for dinos to be real

You've never attempted it
there was a show on Discovery that showed it may be possible to create dinosaurs from birds.
Quote by last_biscuit
You keep that private, lads.

<_<
.......>_>

you know nothing

Anyway, the possibility of a full blown brontosaur, etc is negligible but think about things like pterosaurs, aquatic dinosaurs, or prehistoric fish. I'm not saying I believe it, just that its an interesting idea and definitely a possibility, even if very slim.
Dinosaurs evolved into lizards and crocs and ****. That's what I think.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
Quote by Early Cuyler
you are so moronic its inspiring...

let the people believe man. let them believe in what they wanna believe. If they wanna believe theres still dinosaurs out there.. let them

i dont wanna be the one to tell them that its all a lie.

if i can quote the great van halen on this..

Oh cant you see me standing here,
Ive got my back against the record machine
I aint the worst that youve seen.
Oh cant you see what I mean ?
Might as well jump. jump !
Might as well jump.
Go ahead, jump. jump !
Go ahead, jump.
Sure, it's possible, as is lots of things. We'll just have to explore those areas eventually and find out.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Haha! Wemonir, your avatar and user title brought back memories.

Anyway, I think that there could be some dinosaur-like creatures still alive today. What about those ancient sharks that washed up in Japan?
Signature temporarily empty
To further add to what I've said already, generally speaking we've learnt that the deeper you go in the oceans, the smaller creatures get so they can survive on less food etc.

Interestingly, they also usually get much brighter coloured to attract prey and are very f***ed-up-looking!
why hasnt any of the "million square miles of unexplored territory" not been explored?

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Page 1 of 2