I've let my cousin borrow my squier and my little peavey rage 158 for a couple weeks, and now hes getting involved in a band. However, they need someone playing bass, and therefore, they need an amp they could play a bass through. could they play a bass through my peavey without damaging it?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by end_citizen
don't play a bass through a guitar amp. You can do serious damage. On the other hand, you can play a guitar through a bass amp.

What he said...
Quote by end_citizen
don't play a bass through a guitar amp. You can do serious damage. On the other hand, you can play a guitar through a bass amp.

ok thats what i thought, but i just wanted to make sure that that was not just for tube amps
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by end_citizen

actually dude, i play my bass through an mg, because i cant afford a bass amp, and it works fine.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
i have a peavey rage, and it's survived me playing bass through it for 6 months or so. I just keep the volume below 4.

it's probably not a very good idea to get into though, unless you have nothing else to use (like me)
Quote by dm1925
actually dude, i play my bass through an mg, because i cant afford a bass amp, and it works fine.

Maybe that's why the mg is such a crock of **** in every possible way. because they built it to be used as an electric and bass amp?
eh...ill just tell him to stay away from ti because its for a band things and it will be played loud. its not that i really care about it breaking, but if he breaks it he wont have an amp, and he just got into playing and really likes it,
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
eh...ill just tell him to stay away from ti because its for a band things and it will be played loud. its not that i really care about it breaking, but if he breaks it he wont have an amp, and he just got into playing and really likes it,

he's only been playing 2 weeks and he already is in a band? or am I missing something
Quote by samick007
he's only been playing 2 weeks and he already is in a band? or am I missing something

two or three weeks

dude...hes a teenager, who just learned to play a few nifty things on the guitar, and so have his friends. so they are like "DUDE! BAND!" its not like they are goin to go tour the country or anything.

lol heck, i joined a "band" before i could even play guitar! and now that i can actually play guitar and write stuff i dont have a band

T_T
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional