Maybe my current guitar having a crappy Trem has turned me away from them, but now that I wanna get a new guitar I'm wondering if I should stick with a Fixed Bridge or give Trems a second chance.

Are there any Trems that don't require you to cut the little bead/loop thing off the end of the string to be able to restring it? Just so it's easier. What advantages does a Trem have over a Fixed bridge if I never intend to use the trem?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
You don't have to cut the ball ends off in double locking floating tremolos, you put the ball end on the Tuning peg hole.

Also Tremolos can be fun, you get to do things you can't do with a hardtail, like divebombs, very broad vibrato.

And if you do get a floating tremolo, get a "tremol-no" installed, Google it, you'll see what it is
The Ibanez ZR and Edge Pro don't require cutting off your ball ends. If it's a quality trem, you'll have more stable tuning.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
you could just restring the guitar backwards.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Quote by sum_ugly_man
You don't have to cut the ball ends off in double locking floating tremolos, you put the ball end on the Tuning peg hole.

Also Tremolos can be fun, you get to do things you can't do with a hardtail, like divebombs, very broad vibrato.

And if you do get a floating tremolo, get a "tremol-no" installed, Google it, you'll see what it is

I guess I shoulda been more clear, I just think it's a hassle to have to screw in that chunk of whatever to hold the string in the Trem. So what I meant was that was there a Trem that allows you to run the string through it and have the ball hold the string in the trem instead of the locks or whatever. But now that I think about it, it's probably more secure this way...

Another question, anyone ever have the problem of stripping the screw and/or screwhole on the nut where you lock the strings in?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
no but you're just tightening them too tight.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive