If you're gonna play metal, drop the extra 50 bucks and get the Hellraiser. They come equipped with EMG's I own one and I love it. I've had it since about April of May of last year and haven't had to have any work on it. All the electronics work great, it stays in tune, sound amazing, plays amazing. Totally an amazing instrument.
Schecters are amazing guitars. I love mine to death. It never goes out of tune, it feels great and sounds even better. I highly recommend them.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
i have a classic and i love it
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

some guy today was all like, " ahah dude likez OMG you wanna see ma HUGE SAUSAGGE??? likez ZOMG its tEH biggest EVER! " And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
Quote by dmc_74_usa
If you're gonna play metal, drop the extra 50 bucks and get the Hellraiser. They come equipped with EMG's I own one and I love it. I've had it since about April of May of last year and haven't had to have any work on it. All the electronics work great, it stays in tune, sound amazing, plays amazing. Totally an amazing instrument.

+1
Quote by C&C Magik
What about the C-1 Classic? I think it has duncans in it but its like 200 bucks more then the one you picked.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

anyone know of this guitar and how it plays? All I know is that that fretboard is beautiful.

Well it depends on the tone you want out of it. SD's are great pickups, but they're just not MY kind of tone. I prefer the tone out of EMG's. All Schecters are made pretty solid, even the cheap ones, so it's really just for the sound you want. I also think that one is more expensive because of the inlay.
I have a Schecter bass, and it's pretty damn good quality for the price I paid for it. Had it for over a year now, and have not had any problems with it at all.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I have a Schecter Ultra III, and it may be my favorite guitar I've played, including all of those guitars at shops that I'd never be able to afford.