Ok, so since pretty much all computers these days are capable of running more than one operating system, I was curious to see who all actually is running more than one OS. If you are, post your setup and let us know what you're using.

I'm running OSX Leopard using VMware fusion that's running Windows XP Pro.

Post yours if you've got em.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
I'm dual booting Windows XP and Ubuntu. I love it.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
whoaaa how do you do that??
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
I understand why some people want to dual boot, but for someone like me who doesn't really have any complaints against Vista, I'm fine with running just that.
mmmk.
i dont get it
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by clearchaos
what are the advantages of running multiple OS'?

Recovery if one messes up. I just love linux, but I'm more familiar with Windows, so I kept Windows.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by clearchaos

Aside from being able to make people go "...wait...you're running windows on a mac...huh?" it pretty much removes all software restrictions.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
I have Ubuntu Edgy and XP Home on my laptop, but I'm going to get rid of Ubuntu to make more room for the XP partition.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Im running two windows XP's, one3 of which i cant get access to any more or delete no matter how much i try and hence why i have the other.
Quote by paul_brownell
Im running two windows XP's, one3 of which i cant get access to any more or delete no matter how much i try and hence why i have the other.

Is it on a partition or something? If so you should be able to wipe the partition and de-partition your HD to give your main windows more space.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
I'm using Vista as my main OS and XP as my dedicated music production OS.

In a couple of months I will buy a 1GB HD for documents only and attempt to triple boot Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux on my current 320GB HD.

Threadstarter, could you go into detail on how VMware works?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i've used mixed Win2k/XP/Gentoo/Debian
but in both cases I just used one of the two for 98% of the time (something broke with the video drivers in linux after like a year than I just went back to windows and eventually reformatted the drive with just XP)

now I just use XP and have my fileserver that runs linux if I need the console (the only thing that makes linux neat)
or I just use cygwin in the windows PCs

Quote by clearchaos

because you hate microsoft but still need it to play games and run your pirated copy of photoshop
Quote by musicianamedave
Is it on a partition or something? If so you should be able to wipe the partition and de-partition your HD to give your main windows more space.

Every time i try it simply6 states that access is not allowed, do i need to do it from a boot menu? not quite up to date on this area
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm using Vista as my main OS and XP as my dedicated music production OS.

In a couple of months I will buy a 1GB HD for documents only and attempt to triple boot Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux on my current 320GB HD.

Threadstarter, could you go into detail on how VMware works?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vmware

Basically you install it like any other program, provide it with a copy of whatever OS you want to run parallel to your main OS (you need a copy of the OS and a serial number...both easily obtained with torrents), and it does the rest. Pretty simple actually.

Quote by paul_brownell
Every time i try it simply6 states that access is not allowed, do i need to do it from a boot menu? not quite up to date on this area

Hmm, if it was 2 versions of OSX I would probably be able to help more, but I'm not as familiar with windows/fat32/ect when it comes to stuff like that. Sorry.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Last edited by musicianamedave at Mar 2, 2008,