ok, i have both the Schecter Synyster Custom and the B.C. Rich Kerry King Signature V and as of late, it seems like niether sound exactly the way i want them to. Now the Syn Custom is a mahogony body with Seymour Duncan Invaders in it, and the Kerry King V is a Maple body with EMG 81-85 in it. I was thinking, that maybe if i 100% switched the electronics between the two they'd both balance out sound wise. What do yall think?
Try it. Tell us what happens.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
i think the margin of change wouldn't be worth the effort of switching them.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
well, i guess i wanted a little encouragement before i started getting krazy with my 1000 dollar guitars, and plus, im really scared to start messing with the V considering it has the PA2 with the EMG's. I can wire up guitars no problem, but yea, its a tad bit intimidating.
yeah id say leave it be. try different distortion.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by as_i_lay_dead
maybe its your amp?

All of my other gutiars sound great! (and they all either have high output Duncans or EMG's)
Well, if you don't like it, switch them back

If you know how to wire up guitars, won't be a problem
Just either find a diagram of each one, or note down what goes where and you'll be fine

Your not going to damage a guitar by just switching the electronics over
it would be weird to transfer over the PA2 to the synyster.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
I think you could use a different amp. EMGs generally sound better on a tube amp. And i think you could sound alot better with tubes, especially with such high-end guitars.
If I hear that from one more person im either gonna kill myself, or someone else. My tone is just how i like it! god god damn it damn it. My truckster sounds killer, my static 600 sounds killer, my gothic explorer sounds killer, and my rg 120 sounds hella killer!
Yeah, no drilling. Try a Duncan Pickup Booster pedal. I love mine and it gives me the edge i need to sound different.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
well the sound problem im having is that the syn gates is a little muddy, and the kerry king is a little bright and thin. I thought have beefier pickups in it would kinda level it out, while the emg's would kinda give the syn a little more edge.
Invaders are just that way. and the 81 is bright naturally... The best thing I think to do would be on the KK switch the 81 and the 85 around. the 85 will sound very goo din the bridge if you want it a little darker. Syn uses an Bill Lawence in his sometimes. You might want to just buy one and try it out. its only like $50.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
I hate those! lol, ive seen him use EMG's too before, but i think only for csharp. . . Idk, your right about the EMG's, id forgotten about that. I had an 85-89 set up in an old explorer of mine and it sounded brutal. Ill try it next time i change the strings on the other ****er. I still think the Synyster needs EMG's though, i think theyll bring it out more. not all guitars are meant for EMG's but i think that one is. Of course i've been thinking about selling it lately to get an epiphone les paul.
yeah how much are you selling it for cause i want to have one again
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
ok cool ill let you know if i can get it
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
ok no problem
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
god damn! you asshole, thats not my problem, if you would have read the thread you would know ive allready answered that suggestion. i play industrial metal, i like a processed super distorted sound that my MG delivers perfectly. and the best part is, if something ever happens to it, bam, i can buy a new one.
I'm interested myself in buying that Syn Gates, got the cash, but where do you live?