I am looking into getting a new guitar (price doesn't matter, I am gonna decide late, but now I just want ideas.) And I want to get an Ibanez something (preferably one w/ 24 frets, and a whammy bar). I love their guitars, but don't know what I should decide on. I love to shred, and I am looking for a new amp too, any ideas? Thanks.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
try out an ibanez Iceman or RG ive heard great things about them both. as for an amp... try Mesa Boogie.
i have shecter c+ and that puppy is real easy to play. I found that it felt more comfortable than the ibanez's i tried but it's totally personal preference. (i'm not a fan of floyds though so my shecter doesnt have whammy bar)
For the Ibanéz, if you got unlimitet money, go get yourself an EVO (Steve Vai's signature) or one of the prestiges, if you don't have to much money check some of the older RG's from the 80s, 90s.
And amp, go get yourself a Marshall, they've allways been and are the greatest amps in the world. If you get an older one, get some kind of boost pedal (Ibanéz Tubescreamer ex).
An RG Prestige (i really like the neck-thru red burst one with flame maple wings) or an S Prestige would be your best bet. Jackson also makes some great guitars, an RR3 would be good, or a good Dinky-style would be just as good. As for amp, definately try out a Peavey JSX, a few Mesas, or a Laney like Paul Gilbert uses.

EDIT: Vai signatures are called JEMs, and are pretty flippin expensive, mostly for the inlays. finish, and Monkey Grip handle. You should try out a Mesa Single/Dual Rec, altho im pretty sure they are rather dark-sounding.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Mar 2, 2008,
see my thread, seriously perfect guitar for you, maybe not the color but perfect, its a shreder.
Quote by qotsa1998
An RG Prestige (i really like the neck-thru red burst one with flame maple wings) or an S Prestige would be your best bet. Jackson also makes some great guitars, an RR3 would be good, or a good Dinky-style would be just as good. As for amp, definately try out a Peavey JSX, a few Mesas, or a Laney like Paul Gilbert uses.

1+

But doesn't Paul Gilbert use Marshall's nowadays? atleast he uses them on concerts don't know about in the studio.

But i would recommend a Prestige RG (or S), some kind of Jackson with duncans (but i don't like Jackson necks but it's just preference) and some kind of Esp Ltd or just ESP if you can afford. The ESP Horizon guitars are AWESOME there is a Hard Tail version and a Floyd Rose version.

just make sure that the guitar you choose have a Edge Pro (or just an Original Edge) or an OFR, Schaller Floyd Rose and i have heard that Gotoh also makes a good LFR, and i would get a guitar with DiMarzios or Seymour Duncans pickups not EMG's (this is atleas my opinion :P )
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Last edited by stebbic at Mar 2, 2008,
Well for Ibanez any RG prestige level or above will sort you out perfectly (maybe in need of a pickup change)
Any JEM too (as long as it isn't a 555) you can get some of the great discontinued ones used for some decent prices.
Older PGMs (100+300) will also do.
Then there are the S series, if you want 24 frets you may need to get a new prestige one or a herman li sig (the EGEN).
Then if you can get them there are the JPM, FGM, RBM (voyager) etc etc.

For amp it's down to preference, Carvin, Peavey, Marshall, Mesa and Laney seem to be popular for "shredders" as well as others.