Page 1 of 3
So, yeah. This band is awesome. Southern Hardcore at its best. If you haven't heard them, you should check them out.

MySpace
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Holy crap, I just clicked the link there, this is the first I've heard of them, and I'm impressed.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
terrible band, I don't see what the fuss about "southern hardcore" is. All of it sounds pretty terrible to me.
And you can't spell funeral
without fun
hope you had a good time
cuz now your life is done
I've known about them for I think 2 years now...there okay, I'm not overly impressed, but I dont mind listening from time to time.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by tomohawkjoe
terrible band, I don't see what the fuss about "southern hardcore" is. All of it sounds pretty terrible to me.

And that's your opinion. One of the bands from around my area changed, and took out the southern part. They're not nearly as good now. It's good music, it might just not appeal to you.
I like this band, though opinions seem to be mixed among the posters in this thread. They aren't amazing, but they are definitely good, and they have talent.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by mikeyjvox
Fight Paris is waaaaaaaaaay cooler. Or was. Now they're StormRider. The most hick**** of a band ever.

Fight paris aint got **** on maylene! maylene is by far the best southerncore band out there.
Quote by catalyst329
Fight paris aint got **** on maylene! maylene is by far the best southerncore band out there.

I haven't listened to Fight Paris before.
*Goes to MySpace*

EDIT: If you guys have ever heard of Chevy Chase Stabbed the King (now known as Kings, and not so much southern), they're a really good southern hardcore band from my area. If you can get any of their old material, be sure to let me know where you found it.

And Fight Paris is good, but I Maylene is better IMO.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Mar 2, 2008,
Southern hardcore is basically what you get when hardcore/metal and the blues make love
Fight Paris are really not that good. Their lyrics are horrible too. I don't know about StoneRider, haven't read the lyrics. Maylene are awesome though, from what I know they lost all 3 guitarists recently but have found replacements.
How about this?

Every Time I Die > Maylene/every other band that copies and makes gimmicks out of ETID's style.
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4
why does everyone hate on TDWP
they really are a good band if your a true hardcore fan
i guess people on ug are more into metalcore and punk hardcore....

lolwat
Maylene is amazing. And one of the greatest bands I have ever seen play l live. Can't believe what I am readin in this thread. They sounded great and were hilarious live.

Here is an interesting fact. The lead singer of maylene was the original singer for underoath.
Last edited by rebelace at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by rebelace
Here is an interesting fact. The lead singer of maylene was the original singer for underoath.

rEalLy???

You're soooooooo smart.

last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Their music is so fun. I've seen them live twice, and they were having a great time and so was the crowd.

Pure badass, I must say. Very cool band.
Who dat?
Quote by saxaxe
Average, boring. Terrible live.

i saw them and thought they put on a great show. They weren't sloppy and i could actually hear the singer which is a problem at alot of shows
Quote by andyq777
i saw them and thought they put on a great show. They weren't sloppy and i could actually hear the singer which is a problem at alot of shows

I agree

I saw them live a couple months back and they had great stage presence
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Yeah I saw them with The Chariot. They kicked ass live and The Chariot was pretty meh. They put on a good show.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by SOADrox429
I haven't listened to Fight Paris before.
*Goes to MySpace*

EDIT: If you guys have ever heard of Chevy Chase Stabbed the King (now known as Kings, and not so much southern), they're a really good southern hardcore band from my area. If you can get any of their old material, be sure to let me know where you found it.

And Fight Paris is good, but I Maylene is better IMO.

i seen these guys at BBQ fest in douglasville.
i do suggest them.
they do have talent
Quote by Spiritual_Cramp
How about this?

Every Time I Die > Maylene/every other band that copies and makes gimmicks out of ETID's style.

+1!

And I'm only judging my live opinion on videos and personal accounts from friends, so I may be wrong. I was in a bad mood when I posted that, which is why it sounded harsh haha.
I can enjoy them time to time, but. eh.
Quote by Spiritual_Cramp
How about this?

Stlyistically, I don't think Maylene is quite like ETID. Sure, they're both southern hardcore but I think Maylene clearly defined their own style. Maylene's not really complex, but damn clever. I saw the Maylene/Poison the Well/ETID/Underoath show and was quite impressed by all the bands (minus Poison the well). Maylene shrieks every note live, it was a good show.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
does anyone prefer "II" to their self titled "maylene and the sons..."?
i really cant get into II at all :/
i'm loving them at the minute though,
theyre pretty much the only southerncore band that i digg i think!
Quote by emr_steelmech
Stlyistically, I don't think Maylene is quite like ETID. Sure, they're both southern hardcore but I think Maylene clearly defined their own style. Maylene's not really complex, but damn clever. I saw the Maylene/Poison the Well/ETID/Underoath show and was quite impressed by all the bands (minus Poison the well). Maylene shrieks every note live, it was a good show.

Not impressed by Poison the Well?!
Love them. Dallas Taylor's vocals and some of the riffs are awesome. I Prefer the first album though.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by saxaxe
Not impressed by Poison the Well?!

not really...couldn't get into it. Every song sounded the same, too generic.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
i saw maylene like 2 and half years ago the first time they went on tour. They were the best live act I've ever seen. But then I saw them again at warped tour last year, it was not even half as good. Man i bought a poster of their's and Dallas Taylor spit on it and all six of them sign it. YES.
awesome band. havent seen them live yet though. they are a little cheesy, but i like it haha.
"the more i learn, the more i see how little i truly know"
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
theyir FU*K*NG GREAT! ONE OF MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME!!!

3 months from now they won't be.
I've liked them for a while now, I'm kind of a sucker for the southern sound with bandsl like ETID and He Is Legend. I think they're pretty good and have some sweet riffs plus Dallas Taylor has cool vocals
Southern Hardcore is really boring and it is not interesting what so ever. I also agree with spiritual cramp they all do try to copy Every time I dies' style. Not tryin to offend anyone but thats just what i feel.
Page 1 of 3