This friend of mine has an MXR phase 100, the re-issue. He rarely uses it. He's a very skilled bassist, but he played guitar as well, so that explains the lack of use of the pedal.

I talked to him yesterday he said that he would sell it to me for 80 dollars, It's in mint condition, no scratches or dents, and works just fine. He doesn't have the manual but hey google is my friend.

So Is it worth it? cause usually here in Canada they go for about 140+ and then there's tax.
Quote by sum_ugly_man

he said that he would sell it to me for 80 dollars, It's in mint condition, So Is it worth it? cause usually here in Canada they go for about 140+ and then there's tax.

80 instead of 140+tax... if you will use it, buy it. If you won't don't. I wouldn't really buy it just to sell it again or anything like that, but sounds like a good deal.
I need a phase pedal, cause I will be getting a Traynor YCV50 and I love the phase effect. I'll use it for sure. Never bought anything that ended up i the closet...yet.

And how's the bypass on that thing? Cause I think Slats recommended me the phase 90. But seeing that with this one I have more control over the pedal manipulation of the signal, I'm leaning towards this one.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
I need a phase pedal, cause I will be getting a Traynor YCV50 and I love the phase effect. I'll use it for sure. Never bought anything that ended up i the closet...yet.

And how's the bypass on that thing? Cause I think Slats recommended me the phase 90. But seeing that with this one I have more control over the pedal manipulation of the signal, I'm leaning towards this one.

get it man, get it.
From what ive heard from everyone, is that its a more customizable phase 90.
And the phase 90 is...delicious.
I think a phaser would do you good, judging by the clips in your profile.
And it looks like we'll be ycv 50 brothers...lol
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^ haha, you are getting one as well? I'm thinking of pairing it up with something that is made for cleans, haven't decided yet.

Anyways, I'm going to get it in small installments, as my parents aren't gonna pay for it, So I have to use my weekly allowance...15 dollars
Quote by sum_ugly_man
^ haha, you are getting one as well? I'm thinking of pairing it up with something that is made for cleans, haven't decided yet.

Anyways, I'm going to get it in small installments, as my parents aren't gonna pay for it, So I have to use my weekly allowance...15 dollars

yeah, i ordered it on friday night, but it hasnt been shipped yet, because its a not a buisness day yet.

I wish i had an allowance! lol.
so you're going to be saving up money 15 dollars at a time? EEEK
Good luck with that lol
a job would really help, even if its dairyqueen or something like that
Sometime to bring in the McPaychecks.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
MY friend doesn't want to sell it in a hurry. I did the math, 15 dollars per week. It will take me about 5 weeks to get it.

I can do that. I'm gonna pay him in small installments like I said before. But My mom is buying me the traynor and the guitar. Because she doesn't want me to work at the moment. But I have to pay it off in summer
Quote by sum_ugly_man
MY friend doesn't want to sell it in a hurry. I did the math, 15 dollars per week. It will take me about 5 weeks to get it.

I can do that. I'm gonna pay him in small installments like I said before. But My mom is buying me the traynor and the guitar. Because she doesn't want me to work at the moment. But I have to pay it off in summer

Oh, i gotcha
I thought you were payinf for your traynor with allowance, lol.

I guess, still try out the phase 100 before you commit to it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Oh, i gotcha
I thought you were payinf for your traynor with allowance, lol.

I guess, still try out the phase 100 before you commit to it.

I play through it almost everyday as him brother is my best friend, and I chill with him almost everyday. The bad thing is that It only has the battery, no adapter

But How much can 9 volt batteries usually give you?
Quote by sum_ugly_man
I play through it almost everyday as him brother is my best friend, and I chill with him almost everyday. The bad thing is that It only has the battery, no adapter

But How much can 9 volt batteries usually give you?

I want to say that they have adapters that are shaped like a 9v battery that you can just put into the chambers, but maybe im wrong.
Or you could just get a rechargeable one to conserve monies.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Or I could buy an adapter :p I never really used batteries for my pedals, except for my rp80, but the adapter broke after two years. But meh I don't like the phaser on the multi effects unit. I don't have full control
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Or I could buy an adapter :p I never really used batteries for my pedals, except for my rp80, but the adapter broke after two years. But meh I don't like the phaser on the multi effects unit. I don't have full control

oh, i thought u meant it didnt have an adapter jack.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Phasers are just really fun, I would grab it. That is around the same price I got my small stone at.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
^ Phasers are amazing, awesome for psychedelic stuff. I'm set on buying it. I talked to him, we worked the deal. He's gonna give me the pedal after 1/3 of it is payed off. And I'm throwing him an extra 5 along with it. So after about 2 weeks I'll have the pedal in my arms. But as for now It's at his place.