I need some help. My girlfriends parents told her they were getting a divorce this morning. She's not taking it too well. Her uncle died a month ago too, so it doesn't exactly help. Her dad's moving out, and her mom is going to try and keep the house, but her and her sister don't want to live there anymore. So now, my girlfriend's moving too, and she already lives 20 minutes away (mind you I'm 15, so that's a pretty far distance for us), and she has to go through all this. I keep being told there is nothing I can do, but I can't shake the feeling that I can do something. Any ideas?
Leave her.
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Quote by GiantRaven
You can be there for her

Thats it really

+1
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Be there for her thats all. Just let her know you're there for her if she needs you. And 20 minutes at 15 isn't that far.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Where is she gonna move to? This is a time where you decide if you REALLY want to keep her your girlfriend or not, for it will be tough ahead if you keep her.
Thanks guys. I've already told her I was there for her, cause I'm not only her boyfriend, but I've been her best friend for 2 years, so she knows she can count on me. And I understand that 15 minutes isn't that far, but we go to different schools, our parents never drive us anywhere, and all this. Just blah.
Different schools and a 15 minute walk? Must be such a strain on the relationship. Seriously just walk to her house or phone her.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
yeah heres something that will help, your fifteen maybe a frosh in high school and i dont care how much you love this girl you guys are not gonna last beyond high school trust me, im not doubting that you are sad and upset but honestly man stuff like this happens in high school with relationship issues, there really is nothing you can do, I say move on and find another person or keep in contact with her, I promise you in 10 years when you're in a serious relationship you're gonna look back at this and laugh and think of it as a minor problem in high school
Quote by Chobes
Her mom's single now! Hot mother-daughter sex is a go!

+2
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Just be there, you CAN'T fix it. If you try you're going to **** everything up worse, the only thing you can do right now is be a shoulder to cry on.
Quote by dragxthexwaters
Thanks guys. I've already told her I was there for her, cause I'm not only her boyfriend, but I've been her best friend for 2 years, so she knows she can count on me. And I understand that 15 minutes isn't that far, but we go to different schools, our parents never drive us anywhere, and all this. Just blah.

OMFG, I hate being slightly dislexic(sp?) I read that as "i'm not her only boyfriend"
I was like O_O

Quote by SenseS FaiL
yeah heres something that will help, your fifteen maybe a frosh in high school and i dont care how much you love this girl you guys are not gonna last beyond high school trust me, im not doubting that you are sad and upset but honestly man stuff like this happens in high school with relationship issues, there really is nothing you can do, I say move on and find another person or keep in contact with her, I promise you in 10 years when you're in a serious relationship you're gonna look back at this and laugh and think of it as a minor problem in high school

Sometimes it works, the lead singer of A7X has been dating his g/f since high school, hes like 25/26 now.
To cheese weasel, it's a 15 minute car ride, not walk. I wouldn't have came on here and posted for help if I could walk there. And really, I don't want to think of where we'll be after highschool. The future doesn't matter right now, now matters now. She needs me and I want to help her, breaking up isn't an option. Not for me at least.
Dude Just Stay Near Her As Much As Possibile No Matter What And Yall Need To Stop Bitching I Live In Texas And My Gf Was 4 Miles Away I Walked It Ever Day And I Dont Know If You Know Texas Weathers Its 100 Degrees One Day And Raining At 0 Next So Shut Up
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Doesn't really seem like the best time to break up with her, just be there for her, and enjoy it while it lasts. And 15 minutes come on dude that is nothing.
Quote by SenseS FaiL

As likely as it is that high school relationships will not last...thats hardly a good reason to just break up with her and move on
So yeah, it's hard to display correct emotions in typing, so it seems like I'm being a little whiny bitch. But yeah, I guess I thought too much about the 15 minutes and everything, so I apologize for being retarded in that sense. It's just, I'm worried about her, she's never really been too good with this stuff.
Quote by dragxthexwaters
To cheese weasel, it's a 15 minute car ride, not walk. I wouldn't have came on here and posted for help if I could walk there. And really, I don't want to think of where we'll be after highschool. The future doesn't matter right now, now matters now. She needs me and I want to help her, breaking up isn't an option. Not for me at least.

walking the equivalent of a 15 minute car ride still isn't that much if you have enough free time. I would walk for about 1 1/2 hours (on a good day) to 2 1/2 something like a 15 minute car ride to see my ex almost every day....clearly it didn't work out though. It probably would be a little easier for me though, since I'm not in school and I work at night.
just be there, if you have a bike ride that to her house to be with her, that is like 40 minutes. I've done it a couple times to my girlfriends house. and if u stay till its dark make sure you have a light.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Well, Not to be an insensitive bastard.

There's really two options.

Tough it out, and be a good boyfriend or dump her?

Seriously. What else can you do, single handedly rekindle the marriage?
No. Just help them all through it, including the parents and a sister if needed, for goodness sake, and you'll be in better shape with your girlfriend if her whole family loves you too.

Similar scenario here with one of my best friends, her mom and stepdad got a divorce, just be there a lot. Hang around, be nice, help out around the house, etc. My bestfriends mum considers me a son now. 3 parents without the divorce, and a pair of sisters I never had? lol.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by SenseS FaiL

My mother has been married to the man she started going out with at sixteen for 22 years, so be quiet and stop thinking you're so much more mature than everyone else here because you don't get any action.

As for TS, really, make sure she knows it's not the worst thing in the world to happen. I've never understood why people get upset over divorce, it's not like your mother died.
And as for the distance, you have to trust me that it's really not that far. Get a god damn bike.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by GiantRaven
I know, I had to spend 2 hours getting to my exgf's house

I think I got you beat, I live in Florida, my ex lives in Vermont.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by Dinkydaisy
My mother has been married to the man she started going out with at sixteen for 22 years, so be quiet and stop thinking you're so much more mature than everyone else here because you don't get any action.

As for TS, really, make sure she knows it's not the worst thing in the world to happen. I've never understood why people get upset over divorce, it's not like your mother died.
And as for the distance, you have to trust me that it's really not that far. Get a god damn bike.

+100

also dude, if you care about her at ALL, you'll find a way to make it work.

oh yeah dude, if shes worth it. shes worth it. if she isnt, then dont bother. if you cant commit to trying to see her or call her on a daily basis. then you shouldnt waste her time.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Oh, and kids are so damn lazy nowadays, he'll never get a bike and ride.
Quote by SmElLy KiD

how about taking the bus?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by SomebodySomeone
how about taking the bus?

He's afraid he'll get raped or something.
Quote by SmElLy KiD