I'm looking for a guitar that has a 3 way pick-up selector and can play anything from sabbath like things to misfits to a bit of blues/jazz, the guitar I have in mind is an Iommi signature epiphone http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Tony-Iommi-Signature-G400-Electric-Guitar?sku=518555 is this a good guitar or should I look at something else (keep in mind this is gonna be my second guitar and looking for one under 550)
Thanks in advance.
I think the pickups will be too hot to get a great bluesy sound. Honestly, an Epi Dot will do all of that i think. Im sure an Epi LP will as well.
a gibson, Les paul, Solid Guitar or one of those archtop things.

cant get a new les paul for that, but could get a solid guitar for that.
try looking these up:

epiphone explorer
any epiphone les paul
paul reed smith se
bc rich mockingbird (platinum or masterpiece series)

all of these are under 500, I have played all of them and any one would fit what you are looking for
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
It's just that I'm looking for an Sg cause I have a friend who owns an LP Studio and says it's hard to play frets 15 and below
Why don't you get a MIM HSS Strat? It has a 5-way selector, but so what? Why do want a 3-way so much? You could also get good sound out of it with a decent amp.
Quote by misfitsabbath
Thanks guys I might get either the explorer or http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-S1-Bada-Bling?sku=518489

haha, great to hear someone took my advice.

Trust me, you'll have greatt fret access, just as good or even better than a SG. Plus its SHINYY.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by dantheguitarist
Why don't you get a MIM HSS Strat? It has a 5-way selector, but so what? Why do want a 3-way so much? You could also get good sound out of it with a decent amp.

Yea but I like the effect that morello uses also my guitar is basically a strat ripoff.
Quote by misfitsabbath
Yea but I like the effect that morello uses also my guitar is basically a strat ripoff.

If you talking about a killswitch then a three way selector wont necessarily givce you that. Not only do you need a three way selector you also have to have a guitar with two volume pots for each pickup.
Free Mumia
Yea I know, but the guitars I was looking at have either 2 volume 2 tone or 2 volume 1 tone so I'd be able to get that effect.