I don't usually ask questions but..
I have an acoustic guitar and know nothing about electric and electricity.
I've heard that erm.. You can get hit by electricity , and that's because of the amp.
And also the amp makes noise...
Can someone tell me something about it?
Because i want to buy an electric guitar sometime soon.
Well you can get a shock, but only if the electrics in the guitar aren't gorunded properly, and 98% of the time they are so you don't need to worry. Yes, the amp makes noise. that's what its there for.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
electric guitar + amp = sound...that answere you question?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by SinZombie
I don't usually ask questions but..
I have an acoustic guitar and know nothing about electric and electricity.
I've heard that erm.. You can get hit by electricity , and that's because of the amp.
And also the amp makes noise...
Can someone tell me something about it?
Because i want to buy an electric guitar sometime soon.

electricity was discovered by benjimin franklin and was used in light bulbs

no the amp doesnt make noise! where did you get an idea like that you silly goose
Well my guitar teacher told me , he said that if i don't ground my amp i will get hit by electricity because it goes back to the guitar... + if i don't ground my amp it makes noise. ( just don't say that we're 2 idiots )
dont wory about it, as long as the chord you plug your amp into the wall with has 3 prongs, it's grounded. and most every amp will have the 3 prongs
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Just, you see.. If i don't convince my mum that the electric guitar is safe... i won't get it
Quote by HLrocker
dont wory about it, as long as the chord you plug your amp into the wall with has 3 prongs, it's grounded. and most every amp will have the 3 prongs

Not necessarily. Mess with the wires inside the amp too much, and all hell breaks loose.
But the wall haves only 2 prong inputs.. ( I live in europe not in USA (if that makes any sense)) .
Quote by SinZombie
But the wall haves only 2 prong inputs.. ( I live in europe not in USA (if that makes any sense)) .

You're safe. Any modern amp/guitar combination will leave you unharmed.
ooo, i forgot about the thing with europeans and 2 prongs...but yeh, you'll still safe, if electric guitar actualy electricuted people every time they plugd in, then it wouldn't be legal.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
ooo, i forgot about the thing with europeans and 2 prongs...but yeh, you'll still safe, if electric guitar actualy electricuted people every time they plugd in, then it wouldn't be legal.

Wow thanks , that helped
I'd say thats a bad Idea, invest in some decent 2nd hand gear.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Quote by SinZombie
Wow thanks , that helped

well I tried...

but seriously you have nothing to wory about.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Quote by SinZombie
What about Fender Bullet 150 and Cort M-600 ?

Unless you've got wires sticking out all over the place then you're fine....Dude, the chance of you getting electrocuted is extremely low....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by SinZombie
Just, you see.. If i don't convince my mum that the electric guitar is safe... i won't get it

The electric guitar produces devil music!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Quote by CroneR
The electric guitar produces devil music!

Yea i know ... I want to play LP on it