Ok i'm sure i'm gonna get a tube amp in the next year. unfortunately my budget is kinda low cos i speant it all on my usa tele . I was pretty intent on waiting it out and saving for a laney VC15 or something similar. but i saw a thread on VJ's and noticed they had an output jack, and i have my own PA system for singing and whatnot.

my question is, if i get an eq pedal to make up for the lack of eq, will a VJ be good as a main amp through my pa?

i have a tubescreamer so no need to worry about distortion (i hope).

thanks a bundle x

(p.s. i play mostly classic and modern rock etc. with a bit of blues if it matters)
Quote by Carljenk
**** everyone who died

Quote by whatadrag
necrophiliac
i don't think thats an output jack, i think thats a speaker out, so you can connect to an external cabinet.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
My VJ is a great amp - I play Classic Rock and Blues... the VJ has got some great natural tube distortion when it's cranked up - I use a Tubescreamer some but usually just crank it on it's own. Mine has the V-Mods (Standby Switch, Gain Switch and Brite Switch). If loudness is a problem just use the TS with it - it's an awesome lil' sucker for your styles.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Blompcube
i don't think thats an output jack, i think thats a speaker out, so you can connect to an external cabinet.

Yeah, you can always mic it though.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
sorry for the bump, but any more input? should i just wait out for the laney?
Quote by Carljenk
**** everyone who died

Quote by whatadrag
necrophiliac
I'd just like to state that my MXR M108 makes my Epi VJ a helluva lot more versatile tone-wise .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
where are you at? USA or europe, or other?
If you're in europe, get the laney for sure.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer