could someone please tell me what scales she is using and what kind of chords, this really blows my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zji3G79mmM
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
I'm not trying to berate you, but if you come here asking for help about this, I can assure you that it goes over your head. The thing uses all sorts of chords and it switches scales a lot as well. I wish I could tell you that it was just a simple reharmonisation of the classic tune (and it probably still is anyway, just a sick way of playing it) and that you could look at the sheet of the original and see what chords she's playing, but that's not how it goes.

The best you can do is transcribe it, note by note. Good luck for a couple of weeks (at least).
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by elvenkindje
I'm not trying to berate you, but if you come here asking for help about this, I can assure you that it goes over your head. The thing uses all sorts of chords and it switches scales a lot as well. I wish I could tell you that it was just a simple reharmonisation of the classic tune (and it probably still is anyway, just a sick way of playing it) and that you could look at the sheet of the original and see what chords she's playing, but that's not how it goes.

The best you can do is transcribe it, note by note. Good luck for a couple of weeks (at least).

Im the first to say it is way out of my league, but I was just lookin for scales and chods to give me that kind of sound. Ofcourse I am not going to be anywhere near that leve but its a start.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by radiantmoon
Im the first to say it is way out of my league, but I was just lookin for scales and chods to give me that kind of sound. Of course I am not going to be anywhere near that leve but its a start.
I'll try to help. Try mixing pentatonic and major...experiment with these two and find those nice sounding intervals that she uses. Other then that, you're gonna need to start learning jazz chord voicings. That's the tip of the tip(of the tip) of the iceberg.

You're question is "how does Jazz work?" - it's one HELL of a question...but like you said, "it's a start" And thx! I really enjoyed that video!
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination