Is it possible to tune your guitar as if you where using a capo?
I know i should get one but right now i can't afford one and theres a song i want to learn, is this possible?
You would probably break your strings if you tightened them. You can play barre chords for most songs that use a capo but a lot of the time the chords get pretty akward but it's doable.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
You'll probably break your strings, bad idea. Technically you could, like if your capoing the first fret just tune it up one half step, and so on, but just go buy a capo, there like 5 bucks.
Quote by Pulsarthegreat
You'll probably break your strings, bad idea. Technically you could, like if your capoing the first fret just tune it up one half step, and so on, but just go buy a capo, there like 5 bucks.

no, a good, workable capo is more like 20. at least around here in florida. but if its just one song, TS, a cheap five dollar capo will get the job done. but not well.
You would be fine tuning a full step up if you were lucky, but NO further. You will break your strings and possibly cause personal injury.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Yeah i know but at the moment a fiver is more than i can afford, added to that the fact that i would have to travel into manchester which is another 4 pounds makes it unacheivable, i will get one next week i guess, i couldn't play it with a barre cord though.
Hmmm... it's actually very hard to tune up. Even if the guitar could take it. Capo make the strings slightly different frequencies, so you'd have to tune to those frequencies.

Pain in the ass. I tried it a while ago.

If you get a capo, look at what happens to stanard tuning when you put a capo on say...3rd fret.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
whats the song? maybe we could help you transpose it or something.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Tye1989
Yeah i know but at the moment a fiver is more than i can afford, added to that the fact that i would have to travel into manchester which is another 4 pounds makes it unacheivable, i will get one next week i guess, i couldn't play it with a barre cord though.

What song?

I Will Follow You Into The Darkness by Death Cab For Cutie, thanks for the offer.
Imagine your index finger is a capo, put it on the 5th fret, and form the chords with your other fingers. It's pretty easy actually.

Maybe for you lol i'm not great at barreing chords, guess i could try it again, i found it really difficult when i tried it last, just practice i guess.
e 5 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 5
b 6 - 6 - 6 - 6 - 6
g 7 - 5 - 7 - 5 - 5
d 7 - 7 - 8 - 7 - 5
a 5 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 7
E 5 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 5

that's the chords to the first part, i dont feel like doing the rest, but it sounds alright to me.