Page 1 of 3
With all the new "Here's an Idea" collab threads around (all two of them), I thought it would be cool to do this.

Basically, I'll give you the first part of the song, and then you continue it in any direction you'd like, in any genre. You want a hardcore breakdown? Sweet. Neo-classical shred solo followed by ten minute acoustic interlude? Go ahead. Folk dance section, complete with a mandolin? Sounds good to me. You can do WHATEVER the **** you want!

There's one main rule: KEEP IT INTERESTING. Also try to keep your transitions as smooth as possible. And of course, don't edit anyone else's parts, unless they say you can do so. Label which part is yours, too. And please put your contribuations in GP5 AND GP4 format.

The first part of the song is just some kind of metally sounding thing I wrote a while ago. It sounds pretty neat though, so I thought I'd use it.

And with that, LET THE WRITING BEGIN.

Edit: Please post before you put your part up so that everyone knows that you're going!
Attachments:
Thingy.zip
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Mar 3, 2008,
DUDE! I had this idea just today. I wasn't going to post it though, becuase I figured it would have a ****ty turn out becuase i'm not very well known here.

Well, anyway, I will add to that.. in my favoutrite genre.. be prepared >: )
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
DUDE! I had this idea just today. I wasn't going to post it though, becuase I figured it would have a ****ty turn out becuase i'm not very well known here.

Well, anyway, I will add to that.. in my favoutrite genre.. be prepared >: )

Yay!
I'm a person.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Man, it's hard to get black metal from this.. rofl.

I might end up doing Tech Death instead.. :/

Tech Death is way cooler, anyway.

I don't "get" black metal at all.
I'm a person.
Quote by PinkIsCool
Tech Death is way cooler, anyway.

I don't "get" black metal at all.

And I dont't "get" why there are so many Epiccore/Melodic metal/Black metal/Deathmetal/Anything "Metal" or "Epic", and no rock, country, or blues. At least not nearly as many as there should be.

On-topic, Looks sort of interesting.... I'm not used to that scale, so I'd have to switch it up somehow that sounds well... I'll think on it.
Quote by Msu_Man04
And I dont't "get" why there are so many Epiccore/Melodic metal/Black metal/Deathmetal/Anything "Metal" or "Epic", and no rock, country, or blues. At least not nearly as many as there should be.

On-topic, Looks sort of interesting.... I'm not used to that scale, so I'd have to switch it up somehow that sounds well... I'll think on it.

Because that's the sort of music that the main age group on this site likes and listens to. Me included.

Anywho, aren't there more people who think that this could be totally awesome? Let's see some more contributions!
I'm a person.
I gave it a shot, feel free to edit. I also added bass.
Attachments:
Thingy.zip
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Damn... you beat me to it... oh well, I'm too lazy to go back and do it again now... if you like it, keep it...

Here it is... it's more metal than black... but... I like it.

Attachments:
Thing-amagy.zip
heres an even shorter edit

i want to do more

i just gotta spend a bit tabbing em out to add later

EDIT:
as he^ said

damn beaten to it
Attachments:
ummwtfmaaan.zip
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Lol... I think we should post before we add if we're going to.... As the posts 10&11 just proved, everyone's going to get mixed up and a lot of things are going to mess up... lol

That being said... If I may, I'd like to go after AngrySockMonkey.
rofl yeah. I'm editing Thing-amagy file, so too bad envoy . Maybe you can try to add your part after mine, if it fits?

EDIT: Here you go

Like I said, my piece is AFTER leo_p8's part (the transition sounded WAY better), so envoy you an add it after my part possibly?
Attachments:
ultracollab.zip
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Mar 3, 2008,
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
rofl yeah. I'm editing Thing-amagy file, so too bad envoy . Maybe you can try to add your part after mine, if it fits?

EDIT: Here you go

Like I said, my piece is AFTER leo_p8's part (the transition sounded WAY better), so envoy you an add it after my part possibly?

Ok, I like these two parts better than the other two parts, so we're just going to go off this one. Sorry envoy, but you can still put your part right after these.

And from now on, everyone posts before they put thier parts up.
I'm a person.
Quote by sam i am
I will go next if that's ok.

That's fine. As long as you posted to tell everyone.
I'm a person.
Sorry guys... I'm working on it now.

Edit: it'll have to wait until tomorrow, I've got a bit done, but it's bed time. Sorry.
Last edited by Garb at Mar 3, 2008,
Umm.. ctb, i think you can go now. It seems Garb is dead or something, and I'm getting impatient.
Okay, sorry guys. I feel like a douche.... I forgot I had crap to do today.... Here my contribution is.
Attachments:
Collab.zip
Quote by RedDeath9
I'll do something.

It seems as though a lot of people are waiting however...

Here's mine.

Holy ****, that was REALLY good.

I felt compelled to add this:
Attachments:
ULTIMATE COLLAB.zip
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Mar 4, 2008,
Quote by RedDeath9
I'll do something.

It seems as though a lot of people are waiting however...

Here's mine.

I agree with Pink. I like what you did... Especially leading off with the accoustic from my part... It's in the same direction I was gonna go. And the next part was good too. =)
Its soooo beautiful so far. =D
I'll try my hand later.
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
my god this didnt turn out so well . But mad props for the effort. Glad you guys r still doing the collab threads. lol its very interesting witch is the goal. Maybe ill add something when stuff starts to clear up
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yeah dude go ahead.

Oh, I had college today and for the next 2 days. >_<

I wonder how long it'll go for.
Well, we still haven't covered:

- Country
- Rock
- Punk
- Classical
- Ukelale Ballad
- Anything that isn't metal
Well the acoustic part wasn't metal.. but yeah. I want to see some ****ing variety in this collab, come on people
Page 1 of 3