For the last couple of months or so I havn't been getting any better, or able too. Any ideas on how to push back past this wall? Scales haven't helped, and these is no new song I like that i want to learn
HELP WANTED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like classical music so much, It gets played on my Dean RazorBack
Try a song you think will be far out of your capability of playing and you might just surprise yourself..

Often its just finding confidence and thinking you are better than you actually are that can push you forward.
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
^ like he said, find a hard song and practice each part slowly over a period of a few months, and bring it up to speed you will be suprised that you WILL be able to play it eventualy, no matter how hard.

Saying that you havent noticed any improvement over the last few months isnt realistic any way. Improvement takes a long time, in a year from now look back at your playing and you will never belive you were that bad :P

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
If you live in England buy a magazine called "Guitar Techniques" it managed to increase my skill dramatically and give me a lot of new stuff to practice each month in a range of genres.

Also I recommend downloading their practice schedule (in PDF format) from their website this month. Something which they don't normally do, however they want the practice schedule to be easy to access at all times after the magazines has been filed away.

http://www.guitar-techniques.com/
The link to guitar techiniques I think be might what I need, to get the basic down solid. Since I've started guitar I went everywhere and missed the basics so thanks man!

Quote by RyanGillam
If you live in England buy a magazine called "Guitar Techniques" it managed to increase my skill dramatically and give me a lot of new stuff to practice each month in a range of genres.

Also I recommend downloading their practice schedule (in PDF format) from their website this month. Something which they don't normally do, however they want the practice schedule to be easy to access at all times after the magazines has been filed away.

http://www.guitar-techniques.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like classical music so much, It gets played on my Dean RazorBack
You can also check out insaneguitar.com They have some good lessons on there, may be hard to find, but good stuff.

edit= check out the archives.
Last edited by metal_maniac#1 at Mar 3, 2008,
$118.... I can't afford that. That is insane for a magazine. Almost $100 more than most magazine subscriptions. They should look into the world of online magazine, like guitar world, and widen their customer base. Plus then they get to bank completely off of advertisers, and be saving paper at the same time. Plan, I think so.