Hey fellow musicians,

I've ordered the Box of Rock which is manifactured by Zachery Vex of Zvex. For those who have one of these pedals could you give me some information.

Many thanks.
why do you order a pedal without knowing anything about it first? ...nevermind, nevermind, just forget it, i can't care anymore...
Quote by Guitar Eater
why do you order a pedal without knowing anything about it first? ...nevermind, nevermind, just forget it, i can't care anymore...

+1.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I haven't gotten to try it yet, but the clips sound really good, and I've only heard positive things about it. I own three Zvex pedals, and they're all excellent.
Guitar Eater i know what it does etc. I just wanted to hear some opinions regarding settings etc. Just feedback.

Thanks for all your comments. Please post more. Thank you.
never played one, but the youtube demos of it sound amazing, sounds just like a marshall.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
in all honesty, u can't really go wrong with a zvex. some pedals are weird, but they're all usable once u get the idea of it.
If I had the cash, I might have gone for it over the Fulltone OCD.

Just puttin' that out there.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
It's just three Super Hard Ons cascaded into each other with a few caps in between them. The "boost" option adds a fourth.

It sounds awesome, though. I might build one.
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
yea. sorry for mr. vex but it's not worth his price tag. but i guess his idea of the pedal is just worth $200. it's got the classy lookin' paint job too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ACDC1989
Guitar Eater i know what it does etc. I just wanted to hear some opinions regarding settings etc. Just feedback.

Thanks for all your comments. Please post more. Thank you.

You shouldn't exactly be buying it without playing it at least once yourself, and finding out whether or not you like it. For all you know, you could absolutely dread buying it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I thought it was fantastic when I got to play with one, very versatile and easy to dial in a good setting. The general consensus (as far as I've observed it) is that the OCD is a touch better, but I personally prefer the Box of Rock.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Lightitup
If I had the cash, I might have gone for it over the Fulltone OCD.

Just puttin' that out there.

tested them both at the shop through a laney VC30, went out with the OCD, and not because of the price tag.
tbh, when not played through a big-ass tube marshall, it doesn't sound like a cranked-big-ass tube marshall .

but it's still pretty good
lol yeah.. he cranks a JTM45 (or a plexi?), plays something, then turns the volume down, turns the pedal on, and it supposedly sounds the same. jee.. how surprising, a boosting pedal makes an amp sound ... boosted .
anyways, i still think it's a good pedal regardless, especially if you dont have a clean boost and need one .
** go for the vexter. they sound the same
Quote by Nezek
lol yeah.. he cranks a JTM45 (or a plexi?), plays something, then turns the volume down, turns the pedal on, and it supposedly sounds the same. jee.. how surprising, a boosting pedal makes an amp sound ... boosted .
anyways, i still think it's a good pedal regardless, especially if you dont have a clean boost and need one .
** go for the vexter. they sound the same

he turns it to 3. as oppose to 10. no way you can boost the amp to OD naturally at that volume.

he doesn't boost the amp but uses the pedal's gain.

as for the 'no wonder it sounds like a marshall if you play it through a marshall', do you think a tubescreamer through a marshall would sound like a cranked marshall ? let me answer it for you, **** NO.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Mar 3, 2008,
Quote by The red Strat.
he turns it to 3. as oppose to 10. no way you can boost the amp to OD naturally at that volume.

he doesn't boost the amp but uses the pedal's gain.

as for the 'no wonder it sounds like a marshall if you play it through a marshall', do you think a tubescreamer through a marshall would sound like a cranked marshall ? let me answer it for you, **** NO.

well a tubescreamer aint exactly a transparent pedal.. but i got a plexi, it starts getting dirty by itself at around 5-6(vol), and when I use a JFET booster when it's on 2, it gets the same results.If i use the booster with the amp's vol on ~5, it sounds like it's cranked- so yeah, a transparent booster, with some clipping on top, will make a marshall on 3 sound like a marshall on 7-8 IMO, but it won't 'emulate' a cranked vintage marshall sound on a different amp .

i'm still sayin its a good, transparent OD/dist pedal.