I've seen a couple of other threads like this...but they had no answer, so I figured I should try it again.

I'm trying to intonate my low E string, but even with the saddle ALL the way back, the 12th fret is still sharp. And yes, I am re-tuning after I move the saddle back. It is in tune when it is open, but sharp when fretted at the 12th fret by about 1/4 pitch. And again, the saddle is all the way back. Also, I have a fender strat-style bridge on a Squier Bullet, if that helps at all.

Thanks!
Quote by drmichael
I've seen a couple of other threads like this...but they had no answer, so I figured I should try it again.

I'm trying to intonate my low E string, but even with the saddle ALL the way back, the 12th fret is still sharp. And yes, I am re-tuning after I move the saddle back. It is in tune when it is open, but sharp when fretted at the 12th fret by about 1/4 pitch. And again, the saddle is all the way back. Also, I have a fender strat-style bridge on a Squier Bullet, if that helps at all.

Thanks!

have you tried to lower the action? and, change the string to smaller gauge might help even this is not preferable for some people.

If both things cant help I guess soemthing wrong with the production. By the way, what about on the other frets? i.e on the 14th, or 15th???
yeah, these are actually fairly new strings...only a couple weeks old and are 9 gauge. I'd like to lower the action, but when I do, I get too much fret buzz. and the further up on the frets I go, the more sharp it gets. It used to be okay, and then I messed with the truss rod some to fix major fret buzz that I had.

Now, when tuning...when it's open, I'll pluck the string and it'll be a tad sharp and then the tuner will settle on it being in tune. But when I go to say the 12th fret, it starts out way sharp and every now and then will be in tune. Do I measure it from where it levels off or on the initial hit? And because it doesn't usually level off in tune at the 12th fret, still, is there a way to fix this at all?
PROBLEM SOLVED! I guess that I just had to wait for everything to settle after adjusting the truss rod and action. i didn't play on it at all yesterday, but the intonation seems to be just fine today. The saddle is still almost all the way back, but at least its in tune. Thanks for the help, guys!