Do the JTK (jet king) 3 and JTK4 have the coil taps that the JTK2 has? if not then is there any point in getting those over the JTK2? If they dont have the coil taps, does that make them less versatile?

Im thinking of getting one because i like the look and i hear that they are versatile since they have the coil taps but if they dont then im just gonna get the JTK2
Quote by dzaerpoor
Do the JTK (jet king) 3 and JTK4 have the coil taps that the JTK2 has? if not then is there any point in getting those over the JTK2? If they dont have the coil taps, does that make them less versatile?

Im thinking of getting one because i like the look and i hear that they are versatile since they have the coil taps but if they dont then im just gonna get the JTK2

No they do not. I have a JTK 3 and there's no taps. The 4 is the same thing. The sound is still versatile...the pickups are single coil, but have a pretty thick tone for what they are, and they've done something w/ the wiring to eliminate the hum of a traditional single coil. If you can find a JTK-2, go for it, but they've been out of production for quite a while.