For christmas I put in some Gibson Burstbuckers on my LP. I put the Burstbuckers II on the bridge and the Burstbucker I on the neck. I'm really pleased with the tone of the pickups, the guitar sounds amazing...just like the page sound I wanted.

However I do find that overall it sounds a bit muddy at times. For example when I play You Shook me all Night Long by AC/DC, the strings sound muddy, and not clear at all. Especially if I alternate between playing a chord, then picking, and back to a chord. I've really noticed it lately because I have been using my Fender 70's classic strat. I find that it sounds quite clear and I can hear all the notes, even with a fuzz or distortion.

I know my epiphone is no gibson, but could there be a problem with the wiring (They were professionally installed) or is there some hardware on my epiphone I could upgrade to fix this problem?
It depends on your amp and the output of the pickups. I notice when I play through my crappy solid state practice amp, my guitar with a PAF Pro in the bridge will muddy up on chords, but when I engage the coil split on it, it cleans up. This is not so much a problem with my larger amp. I would suggest just rolling of the volume a little bit.
Yeah i've got a vox ad15vt. I know it's not the greatest but it's what I have for now.

Typically when I play a song like Black Dog or Bring it on Home I have my volume and my tone cranked up all the way on the bridge.

What exactly would a coil split do? Sorry if thats a redundant question.
I doubt the pickups you have can be split, but basically it turns one of the coils off (humbuckers are pretty much 2 single coils in the same case). So I cuts the output drastically.
Have you tried adjusting the pickups at all? Alot of times you can cure a little muddiness by lowering the pickup and adjusting the individual screws under each string to match the bridge radius.
also dialing in an EQ will help to. If you need to crank up the treble, or if you have a presance knob itll help to. But thats the reason why I put an SH-5 into my bridge, and kept my gibson 490 in there for the warmer sounds, to give me more versatility
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I don't have a presence knob unfortunately, but I might want to pick up an EQ for sure.

Is there anything else I can do to my epi LP to improve the tone? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to modifying anything other than pups.
could it be that has strat has singles, good for cleans, and the epi uses humbuckers
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by timmtc
I don't have a presence knob unfortunately, but I might want to pick up an EQ for sure.

Is there anything else I can do to my epi LP to improve the tone? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to modifying anything other than pups.

Try what I told you above. I seriously doubt you have to modify anything other than adjusting the pickups and tinkering with your control settings.