there was another thread recently about combineing the tone of 2 amps, but i was wondering, instead of buying expensive a/b/y boxes could you just use a 1/4 inch y splittler like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-1-4-Y-T-Splitter-Audio-Headphone-Adapter-6-3mm_W0QQitemZ290203104124QQcmdZViewItem and plug it into your guitar, and then run 2 cords to 2 different amps, has anyone tried his? it sounds like it would work,but im kinda scared to try it on my amp.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I'm guessing it would work with amps, the only thing is there stereo jacks, a guitar signal is mono

I use those y-splitters with headphones when I'm with friends in a car or something. Think of the amps as headphones.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
you would be playing 2 amps at the same time.
I'd just spend the 30 bucks and get an ABY box.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
you would be playing 2 amps at the same time.QUOTE]

.....Thats pretty much what i wanted to do lol. I dont care about switching from one amp to another, i just want to be able to run 2 different amps at different settings to combine their sounds.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by kool98769
you would be playing 2 amps at the same time.QUOTE]

.....Thats pretty much what i wanted to do lol. I dont care about switching from one amp to another, i just want to be able to run 2 different amps at different settings to combine their sounds.

gotcha.
I'd still like the ABY, because if you ever need to, then you can A/B 2 differnet amps. Which is tight.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
You can split your signal with a mono adapter. But guitar pups are not very powerful and loading them can degrade your tone. It's worth giving it a try. If it does cause tone suck then you could go into a cheap EQ like the F&C and split from it's output.