Im looking at a new amp. I currently own a line 6 spider, and its 15 watts. I HATE IT!!!
So, I need some advice for a new amp. Ive got a budget of about 400, and im looking for something that has a great clean, and alot of distortion. I also need something that can hold up in gigs, and is loud enough.

Any help at all is appreciated,
Thanks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Your best bet is a Peavey Valveking 112, if you're going new.

If you're into used, get back to us and I'll make some other suggestions.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
If its used its cheaper right? Cuz if i can a kickass amp for really cheap, please, tell me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Im looking at a new amp. I currently own a line 6 spider, and its 15 watts. I HATE IT!!!So, I need some advice for a new amp. Ive got a budget of about 400, and im looking for something that has a great clean, and alot of distortion. I also need something that can hold up in gigs, and is loud enough.

Any help at all is appreciated,
Thanks.

You and me both, 'cept I have a 30w.

I was looking into a VK112 and it is still a possibility. Also, I was thinking of a Fender Blues Jr. You wanted good cleans and lots of distortion...is there any specific sound you'd like to achieve? What music do you play/bands do you listen to?
I listen to mostly Children of Bodom, Trivium, and Metallica. I love Alexi Laihos tone, and I was wondering what amp would get that level of distortion? (While keeping the cleans of course. )
Oh yeah, and I play everything from alternative to death metal.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

If cleans are of a lot of importance, I would suggest something like a used Peavey Classic 30 with a good distortion pedal like an EHX Metal Muff. That would give you great cleans, and a usable amount of distortion.

Otherwise, stick with the Valveking.
Axe-FX Standard
better off deleting this and posting in gear and accessories
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
That looks like a nice amp, but I need something that can put out a lot of volume.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
If its used its cheaper right? Cuz if i can a kickass amp for really cheap, please, tell me.

How long have you been alive? No, usually used goods cost more than their new counterparts. Ifr you manged to use a computer, and have minor intelligence, how do you even ask this question? Sorry to rain on you, but sometimes this level of stupidity really bothers me.

The Paevey Valveking will get you all the tones you requested, at decent price.

Guy that said Peavey Classic 30 is kinda right too......a fender Hot Rod is up hte same alley as the P Classic 30, but bigger, louder, and cheaper......cheaper bc some many ppl are trying to sell theirs. Super cleans, just need the right metal pedal for you, and you wil be good.
^Thank you, I wasn't trying to sound stupid, its just that ive seen amps go for MORE than their new counterparts.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
^Thank you, I wasn't trying to sound stupid, its just that ive seen amps go for MORE than their new counterparts.

Unless it's some kind of high-demand, rare boutique amp, that probably wouldn't be the case.

So yeah, used Classic 30 for emphasis on cleans, or new Valveking 112 for emphasis on teh brootalz. Check on your local Craigslist or on EBay for used stuff.
Axe-FX Standard