Hey guys,

Just a quick Question. Recently Ive purchased a new guitar. Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I love it, however, stock, out of my marshall dsl half stack, the pickups seem a little muddy when you drop tune. I usually play drop D, and the most i ever detune is drop C. I play styles similar to thrice and Every time i die. Ive never replaced pickups before and i was wondering how easy it would be to replace the stock pickups with Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-5. Has anyone ever used those? or do you have any other recommendations for pickups that would suit those styles? Any information on that, and how hard it is to fit pickups into a guitar, without routing out the body would be appreciated! Thanks guys.
the duncans should fit no problem. Its real easy to do and theres lots of guides out that explain it alot better than i can.

the JB does downtune pretty well while still maintaining versatility but there are others out there that are designed for that like the dimarzio x2n.
Last edited by Bing at Mar 2, 2008,
You might need a tech to solder for you, but if you're good with a soldering iron, it's simple to do.
High as tits