between these two amps, which would be a better call?

im lookin at either getting a new amp down the road, either a Peavey 6505 combo (about 1300$) or ENGL Thunder or Fireball, depending on my money. ( Thunder head is about $900, Fireball is about 1300$) , ill have a 2x12 cabinet if i go this route already.

which would be better? my music is thrash metal in the vein of Destruction, Sodom, Kreator, Exodus, Dark Angel, etc etc. and my co-guitarist has a Genz-Benz El Diablo 100 2x12 combo, so i need something to compete with that.

thanks in advance if you choose to help
Try em both. I dont really know those bands but as a rule Engl=Bright, Peavey=Dark. I have played both amps and dont be fooled, Engl still has a massive bottom end. Also if i'm remembering rightly the fireball is the two channel one(?) and has nicer cleans, imo, than the Peavey.
Quote by nirvallica
Try em both. I dont really know those bands but as a rule Engl=Bright, Peavey=Dark. I have played both amps and dont be fooled, Engl still has a massive bottom end. Also if i'm remembering rightly the fireball is the two channel one(?) and has nicer cleans, imo, than the Peavey.

Yeah, from the stuff I've heard, the ENGL's clean is definately way better than the Peavey's. However, there is a company that does some pretty badass mods to the Peavey that give it amazing cleans. I guess it would really be personal preference on which to get.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--