try to get your timing a little better after the intro solo you speed up a little. and try to hold your sustain your notes a little longer in the intro solos too
mostly you need to work on the timing. try playing it all at a steady speed. right now it just sounds like you just play a few different riffs and dont really merge them at all. they need to flow into one another. the second bit with the distortion sounds pretty good but cut down on the treble and the gain and learn it a bit more aswell. overall maybe a 4 outta 10 but with enuf practice youve got it alright
i agre with the ppl above me, but your still doing well, just try to make it flow together better
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
the intro solo is off in some places, timing needs work, more sustain, the hard riff is too high, should be more like pm Es (0s lowest string, which you probably know) and then a power like this, followed by the second where needed

|-----------|
|-----------|
|-----------|
|--2---3---|
|--2---3---|
|--0---1---|
Alright, thanks guys, I'll try that.

Would playing along with the song be a good idea?

And as for lowering the treble, I don't fully understand how to do that, there is no treble thing on my amp. So if someone could explain that, sorry I'm an amp noob.
Whoa...what kind of distortion did you use? Sounds so horrible that I can't even make out what you're playing. You're missing a lot of verses too. I was waiting for the dual clean guitar part.

That clean solo in the beginning needs some work too.

You should play with a backing track...

http://www.guitarbt.com
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by omghi2u
Whoa...what kind of distortion did you use? Sounds so horrible that I can't even make out what you're playing. You're missing a lot of verses too. I was waiting for the dual clean guitar part.

That clean solo in the beginning needs some work too.

You should play with a backing track...

http://www.guitarbt.com

I'm using the metal master distortion pedal by digitech, morph was all the way up. I'll turn that down a bit.

And as for the dual clean guitar part, do you mean the part after the solo, because I didn't learn that yet.
how long have you been playing? if you just started out and you were looking for a good song, this would certainly be a challenge. good job! you have bigger balls than i did.

if you've been playing for a while, you might need a little more work before posting this one again. it seems as if you need more experience or as if you're hurrying somethings; especially during the climax/fast riff part of the song.

keep up the good work !

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Quote by gebgebgeb
how long have you been playing? if you just started out and you were looking for a good song, this would certainly be a challenge. good job! you have bigger balls than i did.

if you've been playing for a while, you might need a little more work before posting this one again. it seems as if you need more experience or as if you're hurrying somethings; especially during the climax/fast riff part of the song.

keep up the good work !

I've been playing for 3 years. And I know I'm not very good, I posted here so people could tell me what I'm doing wrong, because I know that If I tried doing this whole thing at once without help, oh god the failure.
as for the amp:
on mine (i just have a starter Fender 15g) i have a knob each for clean volume, gain, gain volume, bass, treble, and middle. the treble is the sharpness of the sound, it generally creates a higher pitched sound. the bass creates the bass, the lower pitched, booming noise and the middle kind of brings the tone out a lot. i hear the middle a lot in punk rock songs. for One i would put only a litle middle, a bit of treble and about half or a quarter bass. the problem i hear with your amp is that there is too much emphasis on the treble and gain and not enuf on bringin out the lower pitched sounds. i dunno if that helps at all but i hope it does. i dont like people not understnading me.
p.s.-keep in mind ive been playin for only a little over a year but i understand music more than some people.
Slides add so much emotion, you just picked the notes, none of the notes have any sustain to them, sustain can make the song so much better. Work on your raking, timing. My best advice to you - start slow. I bet you try to start at tempo with the song, don't you? A metronome would be your best friend too.

I'll make a recording tomorrow when my mom is awake and won't be woken up by me.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Quote by idahoimmortal
Slides add so much emotion, you just picked the notes, none of the notes have any sustain to them, sustain can make the song so much better. Work on your raking, timing. My best advice to you - start slow. I bet you try to start at tempo with the song, don't you? A metronome would be your best friend too.

I'll make a recording tomorrow when my mom is awake and won't be woken up by me.

Thanks dude, I'd really appreciate it.

I sweeped that one part though, I didn't rake it. I guess I should be?
Quote by AceDauntless
I've been playing for 3 years. And I know I'm not very good, I posted here so people could tell me what I'm doing wrong, because I know that If I tried doing this whole thing at once without help, oh god the failure.

no worries man, that song isnt an easy one. it really takes work.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha