I've been dreaming lately about guitars, and the Stiletto Classic has been calling ot me from the Shecter catalog. It looks pretty nice with the neck-through build, maple-walnut-wenge body, ebony fretboard, Shecter locking tremolo, and a EMG 81TW in the bridge and two EMG singlecoils.

What are your guys thoughts on this guitar?

How would it fair for metal like Opeth as well as bluesy stuff? Also, is the tremolo(made by Gotoh) able to go up as well as down, or only down? Thanks.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
the schecter stilletto classic is, simply put, the most amazing versatile, and beautiful guitar i have ever had the pleasure of playing.
this is the guitar i have been searching for my entire life.
i play a 1972 gibson les paul and a frankenstein strat with a 57 body and an 80s maple neck with a roller nut.
niether one comes close.
it is an awesome guitar. I've had the chance to play one recently and it is beyond a doubt awesome in every aspect.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Do any of you have one? I'd like to see your pics.

I ordered a Carvin and am waiting for it to arive. Now this Stiletto Classic make me think I should return the Carvin when I get it. I'm sure I'll love the Carvin, but I wish I could have this Stiletto too!
which carvin?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've got a CT3C ordered. Should be very nice, but I just hate the things I'm reading on the carvin website about customer service and build quality lately. Seems like they're super busy there and build times are taking much longer than normal. And others say their quality is going down a bit. Not what I was hoping for...
Quote by ral8667
I've got a CT3C ordered. Should be very nice, but I just hate the things I'm reading on the carvin website about customer service and build quality lately. Seems like they're super busy there and build times are taking much longer than normal. And others say their quality is going down a bit. Not what I was hoping for...

I've never played a Schecter that could hold a candle to any of the Carvins that I've played, and I like Schecters.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I'm sure I'll love Carvin once I get it. But if I have to return it for a rebuild because of a problem, I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe I'll just have them keep it and get this Stiletto. Chances are I'll stay with the Carvin since so may people say they are oustanding guitars. Since I've never played a Carvin, I'm still unsure.

Would still like to read a review from someone on the new Stiletto.