I just got a new macbook and I'm gonna try to sell my old Vaio. I'm not sure the specs on it tbh. Its got an 80 gig hard drive and a gig of ram. It's widescreen, 17 inch. 2 years old. But the keyboard doesnt work (I spilled on it). The rest works fine though.
Any idea how much I may be able to get for it?
Thanks
What was spilled on it?
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Quote by ibanez_rocker
What was spilled on it?

Quote by saxaxe
(I spilled on it)

Apparently, him.
idiot! The appeal of laptops is their ability to be moved easily. If you need to buy a key board attachment noone is going to want it. In Australia you'd be lucky to get $200 worth of parts of it
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Well unless you get the keyboard fixed I would think that no one would buy it as they could probably get a cheap fully functional one, get it fixed then maybe you have a greater chance.
Quote by Chadicus
idiot! The appeal of laptops is their ability to be moved easily. If you need to buy a key board attachment noone is going to want it. In Australia you'd be lucky to get $200 worth of parts of it

Why do you have "Let's keep the pit a peaceful community" in your sig if you go around calling people idiots and talking about how worthless their **** is in a demeaning manner?
Quote by -Collapse-
Why do you have "Let's keep the pit a peaceful community" in your sig if you go around calling people idiots and talking about how worthless their **** is in a demeaning manner?

Hmmm, good point.

However, you clearly read my post in a different tone of voice to what i was thinking when i wrote it. Ive been calling everyone idiot recently, i probably should stop. I accidently said it to my Fiance the other day...That one did not go down well
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by Bombtrack
Well unless you get the keyboard fixed I would think that no one would buy it as they could probably get a cheap fully functional one, get it fixed then maybe you have a greater chance.

Yea, but its like $300 to get the keyboard replaced.
replacing a keyboard on a laptop is a ridiculously easy thing to do. i'd say just order a replacement and do it yourself, but if you don't know the specs on the computer, then you're probably not going to be able to figure out how to switch out the keyboard
hug your local pug dealer!
Quote by cody733
replacing a keyboard on a laptop is a ridiculously easy thing to do. i'd say just order a replacement and do it yourself, but if you don't know the specs on the computer, then you're probably not going to be able to figure out how to switch out the keyboard

I took it into a computer place and they said it's tougher to replace than most keyboards, just because of how the laptop's built.
ebay it for a buck, see what you can get out of it

anything over a buck is more then good for a laptop with a busted keyboard
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Aftertime
ebay it for a buck, see what you can get out of it

anything over a buck is more then good for a laptop with a busted keyboard

Two years ago it was a $2100 laptop. It's fully functional and in perfect condition other than the keyboard. I'd also include the usb keyboard to use with it- it's not THAT much of an inconvenience. I did it for 4 months before getting a new computer.
My laptop is twice as good as the specs on yours. Its 160gigs, 2 gigs of ram, and I imagine yours doesnt have a duo core processor either. I paid $800 brand new for mine. The depreciation of these things is incredible, the store price has already dropped to $650 on mine since September.

With a broken keyboard? You'd be quite like to get $150, I think.

But it doesnt even matter man. Even if you add the price of the $2100 to the mac, its still worth it.
Real eyes realise real lies.
QUESTION:

I own a hp laptop...*5years old*, but cost £1000 at the time. I never use it anymore, since i have this desktop (and the power socket broke on it)

Any kind of price estimate if i were to sell it?