How do people memorize songs? Like im learning how to memorize wonderwall, and i know all the chords, but i dont know where they go in the song, and i know the lyrics by heart, but i always get confused were to put the chords, at certain words. Ive been playing that song for about a month, everyday
play it till its just second nature... and your hands just have yo play it right
i just play it a few times and i know it, so i guess im lucky
really intriquite melodies on the other hand are different
i would say just keep practicing every day, but you say you've been doing that for a month. Listening to the song would help. Thats all i can really think of
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
when i learned a song i play it with the music so i know where everything goes. besides it's just practice...and you have been playing for a month...or just playing that song for a month?
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
ive been playing for about a year. and know about 5 songs, but none by heart. But i just started getting serious about guitar about a week ago. Trying to learn scales, barres, music theory, etc.
Try taking it one section at a time; get the verse down or even just like the first line or something and only play that bit when you play it, then when you've memorized that part move onto the next bit.

Also don't make the mistake of trying to memorize the whole song; just remember the important parts like verse, chorus, bridge and whatever; don't try and memorize it as a whole song.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
you just practice it enough times that you know. for example when i was first starting out i used to count how many times i'd have to play a riff and now it's just natural to me how many times i'm supposed to play it.
make sure you make the effort to mentally associate the physical actions with the sounds that come out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
To memorize a song.

Well you know the lyrics. Thats a start. But what you need to do is be able to sing the lyrics on time. once you develop your musicality you will be able to naturaly just play the riff and sing it.

I think your biggest issue right now is that your not seperating your riff from the singing. What you gotta understand is that the riff is a constant. it changes and you sing over it. Start by playing the riff and trying to hum how the song goes to get an idea of how the key changes work. then add in lyrics.
i find it way easier if you can play the guitar part of the song not just the lyrics through in your head than it is really easy to memorize
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
For onr it helps if you actually have heard and know of the songs then dont try to learn it note for not just try to renember sections and after you practice for awhile you should have it down