So my brother is always bothering me about music and guitars. if i listen to music without headphones he'll constantly say how thrash sounds like **** or i listen to the same songs everyday. it really annoys me because he talks about some bands and doesn't know ****, like you're mom that says is that creed when it's nickelback or whatever. when it comes to guitars he tells me it's stupid to buy a new one when my others are bad quality and or broken. i try to get him to understand, but he just ends up insulting me and calling me a poser musician. anyone got any annoying siblings or similar stories?
yeah my little brother is a dick about all the exact same stuff you said
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Punch him in the temple, knock him out, and **** in his mouth. Then commit random acts of not-so-nice on his unconcious body, then have him write a song about it. That'll show him.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
If he is older, then he is probably right. If he is younger, shame on you for not beating him.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
My brother seems to be impressed by anything fast. So he likes Dragonforce, Buckethead, Sonata Arctica, that sort of thing.

He also likes Linkin Park, Leona Lewis and Dream Theater. He's got a pretty wide taste.

I like him Even if he does steal my video games...
My younger brother occasionally has a laugh at some of the things I listen to, but it's always in a joking manner. My older brother likes much of the same stuff I do, so a lot of the times we'll talk about music together. Basically, my brothers aren't dicks.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
My brother is exactly the same, but sometimes, he just doesn't want anything to do with my music.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
ignore him, talk about things other than music with him. Music clearly isn't a connection point for you two.
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
he's 23. how is he right he's never played an instrument in his right and barely listens to music.

If he's wrong, don't listen to him. That simple.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by bludwolfrocks
my sister is into OK GO.... :_(

At the risk of hijacking the thread I'm going to say this anyway: What's wrong with OK Go?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

lol i know right. it's bitter sweet i guess. when he's not pissing me off about music we get along and ****,but other times i wish he'd leave so it wouldn't be a hassle to do things at home. it's cause nyc is an expensive place to live in and he's almost done with college.
Quote by daeqwon10000
He's 23? What is he still doing at your house!!?

I have to agree. Maybe its for school though.
epic7734
I guess I'm the only person on UG that's glad they have a big brother then.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
My younger sister is a DEMON! I swear, I've never met a single person I wouldn't choose over her.

She constantly whines, about anything. Something is always wrong.

She has a constant attitude, and if you tell her to lose it, she'll yell at you.

She refuses to sleep over at a person's house, but she'll try, only to make one member of my family drive over to the friend's house at 3 in the morning cause her friend can't sleep over her screaming into the phone.

She refuses to ever carry anything. She always makes someone else carry her stuff for her.

She is the most selfish thing in the world. She has refused food TO A STARVING PUPPY because she was "hungry." She had already eaten 2 hamburgers when she said this. (Don't worry, I fed him )

She will lie. Constantly. She is failing out of school because she tells our parents that she doesn't have homework, and stay up till midnight trying to get it done. She will scream at both of my parents because she can't do it.

She yells at all of us because life isn't perfect. Not anything important, but maybe the TV is too loud, or a light is too bright.

I hate her. I can honestly say I hate her. Words can't describe how much I hate her.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
lol i know right. it's bitter sweet i guess. when he's not pissing me off about music we get along and ****,but other times i wish he'd leave so it wouldn't be a hassle to do things at home. it's cause nyc is an expensive place to live in and he's almost done with college.

Does he stay at home then go to college within the city?
Quote by PlayMadness
My younger sister is a DEMON! I swear, I've never met a single person I wouldn't choose over her.

She constantly whines, about anything. Something is always wrong.

She has a constant attitude, and if you tell her to lose it, she'll yell at you.

She refuses to sleep over at a person's house, but she'll try, only to make one member of my family drive over to the friend's house at 3 in the morning cause her friend can't sleep over her screaming into the phone.

She refuses to ever carry anything. She always makes someone else carry her stuff for her.

She is the most selfish thing in the world. She has refused food TO A STARVING PUPPY because she was "hungry." She had already eaten 2 hamburgers when she said this. (Don't worry, I fed him )

She will lie. Constantly. She is failing out of school because she tells our parents that she doesn't have homework, and stay up till midnight trying to get it done. She will scream at both of my parents because she can't do it.

She yells at all of us because life isn't perfect. Not anything important, but maybe the TV is too loud, or a light is too bright.

I hate her. I can honestly say I hate her. Words can't describe how much I hate her.

How old is this demon child?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

he goes to college at vaughn college which is very near to la guardia airport. it's like a regular kid living at his parents house only he stays out late.
Is he older or younger?

older- Tell him to **** off

younger- beat him up.

EDIT: since he goes to college tell him you really dont care what he thinks, then shred.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Last edited by angus is god at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by stradivari310

How old is this demon child?

She's almost 11.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by goldmember1217
My siblings are actually really cool, apart from the occasional quarrel, we get along well. I'm the youngest BTW.

Yeah I'm the oldest in my family and I get along with my 3 siblings well.. I have a brother who's only 17 months younger and we're basically best friends.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

my brother's a dick like that. just remember what he thinks doesn't matter.

i wish i had a twin that wa sick at drums. we could be a drum and bass band.