Maybe get a Les Paul, or Hollow body? idk your choice.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Maybe get a Les Paul, or Hollow body? idk your choice.

He's asking for songs, not what guitar to buy

Sorry TS, I can't really help you.
Hm, so like solo/instrumental performers? I'm trying to think...Yngwie Malmsteen has a lot of solo work, but uhm...he's quite the player. I would suggest his songs if you think you're up to it. Or I think Eric Johnson has some instrumentals (Cliffs of Dover)...ack, I am not too sure what your skill level is or I would suggest more.
Satriani & Eric Johnson spring to mind.... they have some of the greatest instrumentals ever, especially if (like me) you prefer musicality over crazy speed and shred

....not that they can't, both can rip if the fancy takes them...:P

Vai and Yngwie are good too, but generally more technical songs... which actually sound worse imo anyway.

But, yeah, like everyone i'm not really sure what you want to know...
Adam
joe satriani like a lot of people have said would fit the kind of stuff youre looking for.

he has a lot of emotion in his playing, and it isnt overly riddled with sweeps and harmonics that sound ****ty.

when satch puts a sweep or a harmonic in his songs, they count for something, and actually add to the melody.
---

other artists who do a lot of nice solo instrumentals....hmm

I know john petrucci has some cool solo stuff, nice melodic runs.

also Paul Gilbert, while some of his stuff is quite fast and "shred-like" he also has a lot of really cool solo work that is more melody based.

Zakk Wylde has some relatively cool acoustic stuff....and some fun solo stuff on electric.

it isnt challenging at all...but here is one of his solo things that I learned when I first started out. I still play it now from time to time..i like it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMupc564zE
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Last edited by nvranka at Mar 3, 2008,
Alright thanks everyone. I didn't really clear myself up in the first post..

I just meant instrumental 'solo' (not with other players) electric guitar. As opposed to shred solos and fast solos in songs..

I'll check everyone out that you guys recommended.
Well I got what you meant from your first post, I dunno what all the other people were on about..

There really isn't much (if any?) of that kind of playing on electric guitar like there is on acoustic. Mainly because it doesn't sound good at all. Electric guitar is a very thin instrument on it's own.

I suppose though if you have the techniques from doing it on acoustic you could always be the first one to do it on Electric guitar.
Yeah I understand, but I needed to find instrumentals because I enjoy playing those more, and I don't really have anyone to play with.

Everyone helped out. I'm gonna try out some of these songs.

Thanks everyone.
Quote by RileyB
Yeah I understand, but I needed to find instrumentals because I enjoy playing those more, and I don't really have anyone to play with.

Everyone helped out. I'm gonna try out some of these songs.

Thanks everyone.

Do live solo's count?

If so, check out Steve Morse:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y-CC2jOVNSI

Technically the keyboard player helps him out a bit in the beginning, but the rest is on his own (untill 6:44).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 8, 2008,