didnt really like the top boost that much though
but other than that it owned

i had the most metal sounding strat in the store
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
If every distortion pedal in the world all of a sudden blew up, it would be a good day.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Don't get the metal zone. I regret buying it really. The sound is really harsh, it hurts the ears.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
ok... you are still developing an ear for tone, and eventually you will probably like it better when you play a metal amp (tubes of course) like a 5150/6505 and if you need more gain than you use an overdrive pedal.
I agree with some settings on the Metal Zone being extremely harsh, but you just have to find the right settings. It took me a few days to find a setting I like, and I had to mess around with my amps settings as well, to get it to sound the way I want.

I plan on getting a Metal Core pedal as well though.
Quote by Highwaytohell
ok... you are still developing an ear for tone, and eventually you will probably like it better when you play a metal amp (tubes of course) like a 5150/6505 and if you need more gain than you use an overdrive pedal.

i'd say i have a pretty good ear

im just saying compared to other distortion pedals the metal muff sounded more like an amp

of course a tube is going to have better tone

but i dont have the money to spend on a tube amp

im just getting the metal muff until i save up for a good ass half stack for shows
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
i'd say i have a pretty good ear

im just saying compared to other distortion pedals the metal muff sounded more like an amp

of course a tube is going to have better tone

but i dont have the money to spend on a tube amp

im just getting the metal muff until i save up for a good ass half stack for shows

or you could sell some of your current gear, not buy the metal muff, and than save a bit so you can get an amp faster. (BTW most people are immediatly going to tell you you do not need a halfstack, despite how good they look, nor do you need more than 50 watts, especially tube)
yeah i know most people will tell me that

but if i can save up for the half stack

and i can crank it whenever i want to

then i am going to get one
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
good luck cranking the half stack

earplugs here he comes
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
what some of you people don't realize, is that some people actually do play loud. loud enough to get the cops called on them.
Quote by await_thewinter
what some of you people don't realize, is that some people actually do play loud. loud enough to get the cops called on them.

Good for you, I'll be the one playing at a good level, not losing my hearing and not being interrupted by the cops.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.