what would you suggest if you can buy MG50dfx for $120, or Microcube for $120(SAME PRICE!!)
i play metal like system of a down
I wouldn't ask any advice here for a solid state amp, as the people here are apparently all against them, and think tubes are all elite.
Quote by await_thewinter
I wouldn't ask any advice here for a solid state amp, as the people here are apparently all against them, and think tubes are all elite.

They are mostly, but microcubes are very nice practice amps for metal. Don't **** on everyone just because you don't agree. Now if the TS had $700 he could get a tube amp that would be much much better. He has $120 so the microcube is what he should get.
tube amps are elite. dont care who you are, you should agree with that. but you dont need one until you can play well enough to put it to good use
Quote by await_thewinter

somewhat correct, somewhat ignorant. People despise the MG because of the higher Watt ones being overpiced and pointless.

But people recommend the Cube every single day.

TS go with the cube
The Microcube has more balls than the MG halfstack.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

microcubes are great practice amps.
Shecter Jolly Roger w/EMGs 81/85
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor
Boss BR600 Recorder
The microcube is a great practice amp for metal like acdcrocks said. Go for it and upgrade to tube when you need something loud for a band.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by await_thewinter

Oh lighten up. Just because everybody here can agree that your amp should be thrown out a window and you should get a new one isn't a good reason to go and get your period early. We do like some solid state amps, but we recommend tube amps when people start developing an ear for tone and want to upgrade their amps.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
im against solid state amps. i won't lie. tube amp breakup sounds so much better. you can't disagree with that. so if tube amps just sound better, why would you get a solid state amp?

i don't think tube amps are elite. they're the holy grail.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Definately the Microcube.
/thread.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by await_thewinter
This is funny considering how the microcube is all digital.

So is the MG?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
So is the MG?

No it isn't. It's just a bad SS amp.

To await_thewinter, for that amount of money, there is NOWAY anyone can get a good tube amp for what he needs. That is why SS and digital amps exist. For beginners who need something to make them louder for cheap. Once they get more money/develop an ear for tone, they will probably upgrade to something not digital or SS.
Microcube, MGs suck and the cube has great amp models.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by await_thewinter
This is funny considering how the microcube is all digital.

Thats sad then.. How a digital amp out performs a SS amp.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

await_thewinter, quit whining.

Threadstarter, GET THE MICROCUBE.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by ECistheBest
im against solid state amps. i won't lie. tube amp breakup sounds so much better. you can't disagree with that. so if tube amps just sound better, why would you get a solid state amp?

i don't think tube amps are elite. they're the holy grail.

Tube amp breakup is only worth caring about if you'll use it. If you play all cleans, all heavily distorted, or a mix of both with no 'on the verge of break-up' tubes aren't inherently better anymore.

Quote by Vanquish
Thats sad then.. How a digital amp out performs a SS amp.

Don't worry, we're likely less then 10 years away from digital amps outperforming high end SS and all but the nicest valve amps. As the price of good AD/DA converters comes down, the quality of low-end digital amps will go up.

To the TS, if all you want is loud the MG is better. It'll sound awful and in a few weeks you'll want a pedal for your distortion, but it will be louder. If you're just going to practise in your room, get the Cube, my brother has one and it sounds pretty nice.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
If you play all cleans, all heavily distorted, or a mix of both with no 'on the verge of break-up' tubes aren't inherently better anymore.

Tubes allow far more articulation on the part of the player than Solid State does.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Dude, get the microcube.No MG. Not worth the money, plus not many lower end marshalls can handle metal in the slightest.

Cube.

/thread
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I know it's more expensive, but has anyone seen the new microcube rx? it's $229, has 4, 4inch speakers, stero I think, all the amp models of 30x I believe, plus some sort of rhythm gadget built in too. I think it's 5 watts.

I've always hear that you don't want less than an 8 or 10 inch speaker, but I guess for bedroom levels, does it matter?

Has anyone seen this and do you think it's a rip for the price?
Quote by tigerxc10
what would you suggest if you can buy MG50dfx for $120, or Microcube for $120(SAME PRICE!!)
i play metal like system of a down

is this for bedroom, or with a band?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Mabye I'm insane...but I'd take the MG. If they're both effectivly practice amps at the same price point, and one can be used for more than practice (even at the sacrifice of a little tone), then it's a more flexable and useful choice for a new player.
Dude, how many threads have you posted on this topic now?
Go with the microcube, IF it's only bedroom practice......
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...