I was looking through my old tabs and found Dust In The Wind. I was having trouble with two chords I was unfamiliar with and tried to put em together. first I had trouble with the part that has F#11/A and F6(#11)/A and came up with

F#11/A & F6#11/A
e|--------------
b|-0---------3-
g|-2---------2-
d|-3---------3-
a|-0---------0-
e|--------------

and then at the end of the song I had trouble with Asus4b13 and came up with the same thing as F6#11/A

are they different names for the same thing or did I mess up? and if they're the same thing why didn't they just pick one or the other to call it on both parts thus causing less confusion?

edit: oh, and do they play G/A as

e|3
b|3
g|0
d|0
a|0
e|

???
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I was looking through my old tabs and found Dust In The Wind. I was having trouble with two chords I was unfamiliar with and tried to put em together. first I had trouble with the part that has F#11/A and F6(#11)/A and came up with

F#11/A & F6#11/A
e|--------------
b|-0---------3-
g|-2---------2-
d|-3---------3-
a|-0---------0-
e|--------------

and then at the end of the song I had trouble with Asus4b13 and came up with the same thing as F6#11/A

are they different names for the same thing or did I mess up? and if they're the same thing why didn't they just pick one or the other to call it on both parts thus causing less confusion?

edit: oh, and do they play G/A as

e|3
b|3
g|0
d|0
a|0
e|

???

Death cab for Cutie LOL

Oh, and to answer your question...I have no idea.
Nope. None at all.
1. Does it sound like the song?
2. Does it sound good?

if it does ... why trouble?

Anyway really specific chord names are silly. At that point it's more effective just to spell out the voicing. I dislike tab.
If the notes you play are the same, then they aren't exactly the same, but they are enharmonic, meaning they sound exactly the same.
Same notes different spelling and function? If yes I'd be willing to bet some of those notes aren't the exact same but are enhamonic to each other. ACDFB, AC#DEF... Ok, no those shouldn't be the same. No B in the A chord, no E in the F chord, and unless the A chord is minor and I missed that the F chord has a C and the A has a C#. Check your notes against a tuner? And somebody please make sure I spelled those right, I spelled the F chord 1st inversion like it says.