hi i am 13 years old and i need a good guitar does anyone know what i should get.i really like the jetking 1 but cant find one but if there is one like it thta is good let me know please.
well i like the fender stratocaster standard i found one for 300-400 dollars is that a good one cuz when i get it i wanna keep it for along time
Quote by Brad277
well i like the fender stratocaster standard i found one for 300-400 dollars is that a good one cuz when i get it i wanna keep it for along time

Yes, it's good for the price. Anyone here will back you on that choice.
whats a good color and should i get a maple fretboard or rosewood which is better?
if youre just starting off you may want to find out what shape you like first, be it gibson bodys (SG, Les Paul, etc.), Fender (Strat, Tele) or maybe ESP for metal stuff. Then figure out which one produces the best sound, although they may not be much tonality difference in beginner guitars, and then buy one. I personally prefer the Epiphone Les Pauls and SGs, but depending on you style, you might not.

Edit: If you want a strat thatll last a while, get on made by fender and at least a few hundred bucks (like the one in your link)
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by Brad277
whats a good color and should i get a maple fretboard or rosewood which is better?

It's all you're choice, there's no differences in sound, just looks.

You really should test a bunch of guitars first, because you'll probably want something else soon after you get it.
Either a Fender Strat or Tele is good. As for your maple/rosewood fretboard thing, they have a slight tonal difference. I believe the maple is brighter sounding. Personally, I think the maple is cooler, sounds nicer and looks better.
ok thank you i think ill go with the strat standard black with maple fretboard
Quote by Brad277

For color, just get whatever you want. If you don't want to decide what color to get, you might as well just abandon all hope of becoming an individual .

As for the fretboard, I prefer maple fretboards, but it's all up to preference. Maple fretboards are finished, and are smoother and a little bit slicker. Rosewood fretboards are unfinished, and feel a bit more natural to some people.
Quote by Brad277
ok thank you i think ill go with the strat standard black with maple fretboard

You should try one out first, though. Just a thought. Black/maple is a good combo. I personally enjoy white, but black would be my second choice.