Hey guys, I am looking for a nice LCD TV to buy. Well mostly my requirements are
- 1080p
- HDTV Tuner
- at least 37 inch
- a decent brand (Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, LG, Samsung)
- a good contrast ratio (I need clarification on what is a good contrast ratio)
Hmm can someone explain the difference between Plasma and LCD? Ive been checking Newegg for a while now and watching the tvs prices go down.
I am going to order this for free from Swatcash.com/1500 so it can't be anything over 1000-1200 bucks.
I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Plasma has better blacks and is much better for "big" sizes 40-50+

seriously though, it's far easiest to just google "Plasma vs LCD"
I have done that
Anyways anyone recommend a brand?
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club
Sony or Sharp. Don't get plasma.

I recommend the Sony 40" Bravia. If you can, go with the 120hz. A bit more pricey, but it doubles the frame rate for a smoother experience.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
plasma-deeper blacks, can go higher in inchs,can image burn,may have glare from screen shine
LCD-brighter, cant image burn,slightly cheaper,usually have a mat finish so no glare

I myself own a LCD and love it
If you play games get a LCD
Watch movies? get a plasma

but 1080i and 1080p are virtually the same
Quote by justinc101011

but 1080i and 1080p are virtually the same

Wrong. Avoid 1080i.
1080p is a TON better looking than 1080p, that's why.

I have a Westinghouse 1080p 37" LCD and I love it, when I got it the price was a steal at $999 (a year or two ago, not really sure) but I highly reccomend the Westinghouse brand. Sharp and Sony make basically the best LCDs but they are a good deal more expensive, you do get what you pay for though. Vizio is another amazing brand.
Quote by Remonster
1080p is a TON better looking than 1080p, that's why.

*facepalm*

Seriously though, progressive pwns interlaced.
yeah thats true
interlaced images hurt my eyes
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club
don't get too fixed on the 1080p thing. You are better off with a higher quality 720p set than a cheap 1080p, because at this point, the different in HD programming is negligible. In fact, 1080 p native resolution televisions can often have a worse picture with artifacting due to the upscaling process required to display HD broadcasts that are usually in 1080i or 720p. If you are gaming, most games are only made to a 720p resolution meaning that upscaling is still taking place. A television looks best while displaying its native resolution, and with a high quality set, the image will look better than a cheaper one, regardless of difference between two HD resolutions. I would also advise plasma, as it has better blacks, more realistic colour reproduction, and looks better while displaying fast motion.