I'm looking for a new tube, combo amp for my guitar and I want to spend around $500. My friend, who's parents own a music store, recommended that I get a Behringer tube combo. I haven't heard of this brand before and I'm wondering if they are any good. I mostly play rock and metal, but for the heaver metal in the spectrum I'm just going to get a pedal or two. So is Behringer any good?

P.S. I'm also considering a Randall RG50TC
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
No.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by BMXfreak000
No.
Could you elaborate?
-Bugera 333XL 212
i own a behringer gmx212 and its a pretty good amp for the price, it has MIDI effects and there are 99, definetly fun to play with and its 2x60 watts
Behringer doesnt make tube amps...

Get the B-52 AT-112. Its basically the same as the Randall, except with a better speaker and better cleans. Its what I'm going to get.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Hmm.. From what i have heard, Behringer makes crappy amps. But don't quote me on that.
Quote by Andrusho
Hmm.. From what i have heard, Behringer makes crappy amps. But don't quote me on that.
I just did, ooh what now.
-Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by mike.h
Behringer doesnt make tube amps...

Get the B-52 AT-112. Its basically the same as the Randall, except with a better speaker and better cleans. Its what I'm going to get.
Thanks, the Randall seemed kinda tiny for the price.
-Bugera 333XL 212
Ive never owned a beringer but but my friend had a 90 watter keyboard amp which broke down within a year after which he scrapped it for a Peavy, and it just generally seemed cheaply made, as do most beringer products ive seen, imo. I'm hesitant to ever buy anything from a company that sells 120+ watt heads and cabs for 199 bucks, it just sort of screams "CHEAP CRAP!".
For around 500 you could get a 20 or 30 watt tube amp combo from a more respectable company, which you would be happy with in the long run
beringer speakers blow out really easy so i think it would cost you alot of money over time to replace the speakers like ever few months
Quote by A-5best
Ive been hearing good things about the 6262.

That is a Bugera. Behringer is distributing their amps for them because they use Bugera speakers in their amps. I want to try one, but there are no places around here to do so.

Otherwise, no, I have played with Behringer before and absolutely hated it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Eh, I've come to know Behringer as Mehringer... Everything by them I have tried (amp-wise) was just... meh.
Behringer is not that bad for a beginner guitarist, i have behringer and its fine. mines came with V-tone amp and most of my friends prefer the amp then their owns. the guitar on the other hand, you have to adjust the bridge to make it sound better, also, in later years maybe open up the guitar and clean the inside (i did it and it sounds better) also take the plate on the back of the guitar and it gives it a grungier sound.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Quote by JosephBerger
In later years maybe open up the guitar and clean the inside (i did it and it sounds better) also take the plate on the back of the guitar and it gives it a grungier sound.

I'm sorry, what?

AS for Behringer amps, they're cheap and cheerful but not really built for longevity. I'd happily buy a Behringer pedal (in fact I have their Delay on my board now), but for anything bigger I wouldn't bother. As suggested the B52 is worth trying, and you could also look for a used Peavey 6505(5150) combo, If you play mainly rock you oculd try a Peavey Classic 30, with a decent overdrive to get heavier sounds. If you look hard enough you can probably find a used Boogie in your price range - a Caliber, say, or an F series.
I think your friends music store owner parents may have reccomended a Bugera (distributed by berhinger but really good for the price.) the B-52 AT series is good for gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephBerger
In later years maybe open up the guitar and clean the inside (i did it and it sounds better) also take the plate on the back of the guitar and it gives it a grungier sound.

I'm sorry, what?

what i meant was the guitar, take off the pick guard and clean it out.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Last edited by JosephBerger at Mar 5, 2008,
Quote by Highwaytohell
I think your friends music store owner parents may have reccomended a Bugera (distributed by berhinger but really good for the price.) the B-52 AT series is good for gain.

I think so too they sound great and ive heard alot of good things about them
Quote by JosephBerger
what i meant was the guitar, take off the pick guard and clean it out.

That won't affect anything. Neither will taking the plate off the back of the guitar. Neither will adjusting the bridge.
GEAR
Jackson RR3
Ibanez RG5
Assorted BC Rich's
Peavey Valveking halfstack
Assorted effects

Quote by Jayez
i got guitar hero 3, but without the controller.......my moms IQ is below 60.
I have a Berhinger bass amp, and it's alright. Good for practicing at least. It can get loud, but not much tone to it.

Originally Posted by JacksonRR3man
That won't affect anything. Neither will taking the plate off the back of the guitar. Neither will adjusting the bridge.

As Cheap as behringer's are it has seemed to change the sound, i took the plate off the back and in my opinion it gives it a cleaner sound.

about the bridge, it doesn't change the sound but i the higher the bridge, the farther off the chords are off the neck, therefore it is harder to press the chord which in some cases can cause a popping sound.
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter