Click Me

So I need a case for my Mark IV.

It looks like these guys make the case after you order.

Is something like this just going to fall apart after one use? I can always reinforce the sides with some steel plates I have lying around (enough to cover the whole case....).
I reckon them steel plates you talking about would make that darn thing pretty heavy!
Quote by fafinaf
I reckon them steel plates you talking about would make that darn thing pretty heavy!

The amp weighs 65 pounds, the case weighs 15, so what's another 20-30 pounds, right?
Quote by ketiov
The amp weighs 65 pounds, the case weighs 15, so what's another 20-30 pounds, right?

20-30 pounds is a lot, but if you can handle that with a dolly or something you can protect your back.
Quote by fafinaf
20-30 pounds is a lot, but if you can handle that with a dolly or something you can protect your back.

....You didn't think I was going to actually carry a 65 pound amp anywhere, right? LOL.

I'm going to put casters on it myself. Not the tiny ones they offer, I'll put on big rubber ones.
I wouldn't trust that case. You gotta spend more than that. I recommend calling Jan-Al case company. They make great custom ATA cases!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I wouldn't trust that case. You gotta spend more than that. I recommend calling Jan-Al case company. They make great custom ATA cases!

I sent in a request for a quote, but I suspect it will be much higher than the eBay stuff.
It will be around 200 dollars for a lift off top case. If you want, call and talk to willy. He will hook you up with a case quote.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
It will be around 200 dollars for a lift off top case. If you want, call and talk to willy. He will hook you up with a case quote.

They quoted $378 O_o

Quote by Willy
Hi,

Here is your price on an ATA case for Mesa Boogie MKIV combo (18” x 11” x 19&rdquo, ¼” ply construction, ½” hard foam, 3 ½” casters; $378.00

If you really want the 4” casters, the cost is $478.00. there is a $100 difference.

The casters I recommend are 3 ½” casters that are smoother to roll than the 4” casters. Both the 3 ½” and the 4” casters are made of plastic but the 3 ½” casters are processed in such a way that they feel rubbery which makes the roll smoother than the 4” caster. The 4” casters are a bit harder and will produce a rougher roll versus the 3 ½” casters. Also (FYI) the 4” caster has a weight rating of 750 LBS versus the 3 ½” caster is rated at 250 LBS. So because of the weight rating, the 4” caster is a harder plastic. Please let me know what your thoughts are, thank you.

Expensive I wonder how much cheaper it would be without any casters...
Oh, I didn't realize that it was a combo. I was approximating the cost of a head case. But, I would never put an expensive head in a crappy case. It is like having sex with a girl with STD's. You don't put your nice clean head in something crappy...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Oh, I didn't realize that it was a combo. I was approximating the cost of a head case. But, I would never put an expensive head in a crappy case. It is like having sex with a girl with STD's. You don't put your nice clean head in something crappy...

Best analogy ever. But that's what they make condoms for.

I'll keep looking around. I gotta admit though, I don't know any salespeople who would recommend the customer something better and knowingly lose like 20% of the original sales price, all for the benefit of the customer.

Oh yeah *cough*sigged*cough*.
Last edited by ketiov at Mar 3, 2008,
AHAHA! Wow, that is the first time anyone ever siggged me...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
dont get one from those ebay guys you posted in the original post.

at the very least, you want one with recessed handles, butterfly catches, and proper ball corners, 1/2 inch plywood and foam interior if its for the road.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by AndyPandy
dont get one from those ebay guys you posted in the original post.

at the very least, you want one with recessed handles, butterfly catches, and proper ball corners, 1/2 inch plywood and foam interior if its for the road.

I need it more for just taking it to school and back by car like once every one or two weeks. I will however have to move it around the school quite a bit as well.

Anyone know where else I can get a custom case (for less than $378...)?