Just as the title says.

I imagine that I can say that everyone on this forum board has read at least one book, and is literate. Therefore, I propose we put down what we at least somewhat absorbed in this thread.

Basically, no matter who you are, at least at one point in your life you were touched by something. What/who it was, no longer matters...or, maybe it does.

However, since a thread about favorite movie quotes, musician quotes, and other such quotes have been done before, I say we try to accomplish what seemingly (as in I used the search bar) has not been done before, or at least in a while.

The question I ask you is, what are/is your favorite/what is/are the most touching quotes you have read in a piece of literature? You don't have to have read the actual writing, but you only get more out of it that way.

Personally, aside from the Orwell and Bradbury(Originally Latimer, but Brarbury implements it fantastically in Fahrenheit 451) quotes found in my signature, my favorite quotes are:

"People are stupid. They can be made to believe any lie, either because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it's true."-Zedd, from Terry Goodkind's "Wizard's First Rule"

“Heaven wheels above you, displaying to you her eternal glories, and still your eyes are on the ground”-Dante, from "The Divine Comedy"
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
"Jesus was a magician, a mere magician"

-Francis Lewaski

Prime minister of Barbolo of the Lutanses islands

He wrote many plays and books
Rules of Fight Club
1. You do not talk about 'Fight Club'.
2. You do not talk about 'Fight Club'.
3. When someone yells "Stop" or goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over.
4. Only two guys to a fight.
5. One fight at a time.
6. No shirts, no shoes.
7. Fights go on as long as they have to.
8. If this is your first night at 'Fight Club', you have to fight.
"And as I sat there brooding on the old, unknown world, I thought of Gatsby’s wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of Daisy’s dock. He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where
the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night.

“Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes
before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter— tomorrow we will run faster, stretch
out our arms farther...And one fine morning–

“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
The apple exists as long as the man is hungry, without men apples are trees caught in their flesh.

I thought about that the other day, your own is always better than everyone else's.

If I should quote something from a firestarter I'm gonna take it from The Dirt (only book I wouldn't burn down with everything else) :

«It was the day new wave died and rock 'n roll took over.»

But to make it sound as it WILL be soon enough

«It's the day rock 'n roll take its throne back again and everything else **** their pants.»
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Cause And Effect by Charles Bukowski:
the best often die by their own hand
just to get away,
and those left behind
can never quite understand
why anybody
would ever want to
get away

from

them
signed,
your favorite poster
"Was there ever a trap to match the trap of love?"
-stephen king

"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Stephen King

"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again." - Stephen King

Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy.
-Robert A. Heinlein

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
-Robert A. Heinlein

It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Love" is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own... Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.
-Robert A. Heinlein

No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.
-Robert A. Heinlein

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
-Robert A. Heinlein

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
-Robert A. Heinlein

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there. Theologians can persuade themselves of anything.
-Robert A. Heinlein
"Oh Balls" - john hammond - jurassic park by michael chricton

"you know whats wrong with scientific power, its like inherited wealth, and you know what assholes congenitally rich people are." Ian malcom- jurassic park by michael chricton

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
I don't remember what this is from, but:
"For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."
"Don't go around expecting the world to owe you a living. The world doesn't owe you anything; it was here first."

-Mark Twaine
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
-almost everything from On The Road
-the last few sentences of Animal Farm
-the last chapter of All My Friends Are Going To Be Strangers
-the last few sentences/chapter of Some Can Whistle
(i love the last sections of books more than life)
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

If you don't already know it's
Shakespeare's Macbeth.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

From Italo Calvino's "Invisible Cities"

Cities & The Sky 3

Those who arrive at Thekla can see little of the city, beyond the plank fences, the sackcloth screens, the scaffoldings, the metal armatures, the wooden catwalks hanging from ropes or supported by sawhorses, the ladders, the trestles. If you ask "Why is Thekla's construction taking such a long time?" the inhabitants continue hoisting sacks, lowering leaded strings, moving long brushes up and down, as they answer "So that it's destruction cannot begin." And if asked whether they fear that, once the scaffoldings are removed, the city may begin to crumble and fall to pieces, they add hastily, in a whisper, "Not only the city."
If, dissatisfied with the answers, someone puts his eye to a crack in a fence, he sees cranes pulling up other cranes, scaffoldings that embrace other scaffoldings, beams that prop up other beams. "What meaning does your construction have?" he asks. "What is the aim of a city under construction unless it is a city? Where is the plan you are following, the blueprint?"
"We will show it to you as soon as the working day is over; we cannot interrupt our work now," they answer.
Work stops at sunset. Darkness falls over the building site. The sky is filled with stars. "There is the blueprint," they say.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...
not exactly a quote. but it's the opening passage to one of merton's books that's always been my favorite of his:

A happiness that is sought for ourselves alone can never be found: for a happiness that is diminished by being shared is not big enough to make us happy.

There is a false and momentary happiness in self-satisfaction, but it always leads to sorrow because it narrows and deadens our spirit. True happiness is found in unselfish love, a love which increases in proportion as it is shared. There is no end to the sharing of love, and, therefore, the potential happiness of such love is without limit. Infinite sharing is the law of God's inner life. He has made the sharing of ourselves the law of our own being, so that it is in loving others that we best love ourselves. In disinterested activity we best fulfill our own capacities to act and to be.

Yet there can never be happiness in compulsion. It is not enough for love to be shared: it must be shared freely. That is to say it must be given, not merely taken. Unselfish love that is poured out upon a selfish object does not bring perfect happiness: not because love requires a return or a reward for loving, but because it rests in the happiness of the beloved. And if the one loved receives love selfishly, the lover is not satisfied. He sees that his love has failed to make the beloved happy. It has not awakened his capacity for unselfish love.

The gift of love is the gift of the power and the capacity to love, and, therefore, to give love with full effect is also to receive it. So, love can only be kept by being given away, and it can only be given perfectly when it is also received.
#DTWD
SAMPSON
Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at them;
which is a disgrace to them, if they bear it.

ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
SAMPSON
I do bite my thumb, sir.
ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
SAMPSON
Aside to GREGORY] Is the law of our side, if I say
ay?

GREGORY
No.
SAMPSON
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I
bite my thumb, sir.

GREGORY
Do you quarrel, sir?
ABRAHAM
Quarrel sir! no, sir.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!