Page 1 of 2
First and formost I used the search bar and I couldn't find anything.

I want to grow my hair out (obviously)to about below shoulder length. How long will this take? And on past attempts at growing my hair out I usually end up with a mullet looking thing growing on the back of my neck or a bowl cut. Does everybody go through this?

EDIT: Perhaps I should have worded this differently. I was mainly asking if this mullet thing is normal. And I have straight hair.
Last edited by guitarnoobie at Mar 2, 2008,
Just sit and push really hard.
Watch out for bowel movements.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
What kind of hair do you have. Is it really straight or kind of curly?

Straight like Jerry Cantrell or curly like pubes?
Quote by Miggy01

Unfortunately I don't know of anything that increases the rate at which hair grows. You'll just have sit and wait.
Quote by Miggy01

I was about to say something along those lines

seriously what do you want, instruction on not cutting your hair?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Miggy01

Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Tips on growing it out... uh... don't cut it?

Sarcasm aside, yeah, I had retarded looking mid-length hair for a while. Pretty sure it happens to everybody. It took me about... 1 - 1 1/2 years, maybe, to get a length I was satisfied with.

EDIT:
Quote by Miggy01
Oh my God. That was awesome.

And you're a Journey fan! Even more awesome.
Dude, it's hair, it grows as it pleases.
If you got the crazy mullet thing going, get the back trimmed a bit...
lol.
Dunno what else to tell ya.
idk, i never got the mullet thing going on. If that happens, trim it a little bit till the bangs catch up. It should grow even.

Once its long, just trim the split ends ( like an inch) every 2-4 months.
brush/ comb it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by fafinaf
What kind of hair do you have. Is it really straight or kind of curly?

Straight like Jerry Cantrell or curly like pubes?

I wouldn't worry too much about curls. I had completely straight hair until it reached shoulder-length, now it's all curly and ****.
I'm a communist. Really.
mmm... don't cut it??

Now seriously if your hair starts looking funny or something, trim (sp?) it.
Quote by Chikitty_China

I'm proud to sig someone with a barenaked ladies quote good sir.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
trim the tips every month or so to even it up, and taking the tips off will make ur hair grow quite a bit faster, compared to not cutting it at all for a year.
It took me a long time to grow my hair out, but thats my fault I guess. I would get a hair cut every month or so to make sure it grew out even and didn't look like ****. It might have taken longer than usually but it was worth it.

Either that or you can say "F U majesty" and just grow it out without a care in the world, not much else to choose from IMO.
Quote by Miggy01
I'm proud to sig someone with a barenaked ladies quote good sir.

You're the 2nd person ever to get my name.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
I've heard that combing it obsessively, washing it with cold water, and getting about a quarter inch taken off every few weeks makes it grow more quickly than pushing until you shit yourself.

EDIT: My hair does the mullet thing, too. I just let it go and fix it when the rest of my hair is the length I want it.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
Last edited by bassist12 at Mar 2, 2008,
Quote by Chikitty_China

Barenaked ladies are made of win.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
To actually contribute to this thread.
Go back to the barber every couple of weeks for shaping/trimming.
I get really weird medium length hair (I have curls) but it looks good short and long.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
Quote by Miggy01
Barenaked ladies are made of win.

You know, you have a really cool awesome taste in music. Because it matches mine a lot, and my opinion is fact.

My hair is pretty long, but it's also very curly, so I've got kind of a long Jew-fro thing going on, but it's ok because I'm Jewish.

What I did was honestly, just not get haircuts very often, but my hair has that "I just get up out of bed look" so maybe you're not going for that.
Quote by KetchupLad14
You know, you have a really cool awesome taste in music. Because it matches mine a lot, and my opinion is fact.

My hair is pretty long, but it's also very curly, so I've got kind of a long Jew-fro thing going on, but it's ok because I'm Jewish.

What I did was honestly, just not get haircuts very often, but my hair has that "I just get up out of bed look" so maybe you're not going for that.

Haha, I have a jew fro too.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
*raise hand*

I have a jew fro

I used to have straight hair up until like age 13 and now its curly. Im trying to grow it out long like jimmy page but i dunno if its gonna work out. It just gets so damn frizzy sometimes. And should i thin it out or just let it grow?

Last time i tried to grow it out it just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
I totally didn't read that, but just wait it out.

My hair is about 6 to 7" past my shoulders and I've been growing for about 2 years.

Then again everyones hair grows at different rates.

If you want to speed up the growth rate use conditioner and it will give your hair nutrients to grow a little faster.
get prepared to be ridiculed for when it's in the awkward stages. i'd get ****ed with so much, by like girls and gays. pissed me off so much
Quote by hairynutsack
*raise hand*

I have a jew fro

I used to have straight hair up until like age 13 and now its curly. Im trying to grow it out long like jimmy page but i dunno if its gonna work out. It just gets so damn frizzy sometimes. And should i thin it out or just let it grow?

Last time i tried to grow it out it just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

Def thin it man, it's much more manageable.

Should we start a jew fro group?
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
Quote by KetchupLad14
Yes, we should.

Lol, alright let me get this ball rolling then.
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
hell id join a group.

But last time i think when i thinned it out it just grew out bigger instead of longer. So ive been growing out for about 4-5 months now with only like 2 haircuts and i just got it trimmed up.

It goes down to about the collar of my shirt. But it waves out so its alot longer than it looks.
Don't cut it.
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
I know there are a few things to kind of accelerate the process.

One thing I've heard is that Iron accelerates hair growth. I want to say that bananas have a lot of iron, but I don't want to tell you to eat a bunch of bananas for no reason, so research that maybe.

A little trim every 5 weeks or so will help you control how it grows to avoid the mullet. And if you really want to speed up the hair growth, go to the GNC and ask them about it.

They have this thing that promotes hair growth, it also makes all your nails grow faster too. You can't have one without the other, evidently.
if you have a mullet forming, just cut the back a little bit.....
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Paquijón

Unfortunately I don't know of anything that increases the rate at which hair grows. You'll just have sit and wait.

Vitamin B
Quote by guitarnoobie
First and formost I used the search bar and I couldn't find anything.

I want to grow my hair out (obviously)to about below shoulder length. How long will this take? And on past attempts at growing my hair out I usually end up with a mullet looking thing growing on the back of my neck or a bowl cut. Does everybody go through this?

EDIT: Perhaps I should have worded this differently. I was mainly asking if this mullet thing is normal. And I have straight hair.

ofcourse you didnt find anything with the search bar cuz this is a pathetic thread made by a tard asking a retarded question
Ibanez RG350ex
Quote by Chikitty_China

"Chikitty china, the chinese chicken! Have a drum stick and your brain starts clickin'"

As to thread starter, the best possible tip anyone can ever give you EVER to grow out your hair:

Don't cut it.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by BlueShox
I know there are a few things to kind of accelerate the process.

One thing I've heard is that Iron accelerates hair growth. I want to say that bananas have a lot of iron, but I don't want to tell you to eat a bunch of bananas for no reason, so research that maybe.

A little trim every 5 weeks or so will help you control how it grows to avoid the mullet. And if you really want to speed up the hair growth, go to the GNC and ask them about it.

They have this thing that promotes hair growth, it also makes all your nails grow faster too. You can't have one without the other, evidently.

well, if I was going to get lots of iron, I'd probably just eat some steak, you know, what with the iron in hemoglobin
also Broccoli has lots of iron as well

and the trim is a good idea, it won't make it grow faster, but the lack of split ends will make it seem that way

Quote by Chikitty_China

I thought it was pretty obvious
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I went through the exact same thing. I think most people who grow their hair have had that ****ty phase between short and long hair. There's nothing much you can do but just let it grow.
Page 1 of 2