So I hear a lot of people say Randy Rhoads is one of their favorite guitarists, but the only solos I've heard by him are Crazy Train and Mr. Crowley (which are both awesome). What are some other good ones?
Just get Blizard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman. Every song on those albums is great. But as far as songs go, the ones MetalMusicianAL listed, as well as Tonight, on Diary of a Madman.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Definitely get both of the studio recorded albums he was on with Ozzy. That's some great stuff. I really liked the Tribute CD too, but a lot of people who were close to Randy said he wouldn't like it. I don't remember why. I guess they feel it isn't a good representation of how he was live. I've been trying to find the Quiet Riot album that had him on it, but I can't find it anywhere.
Quote by Vittu0666
Definitely get both of the studio recorded albums he was on with Ozzy. That's some great stuff. I really liked the Tribute CD too, but a lot of people who were close to Randy said he wouldn't like it. I don't remember why. I guess they feel it isn't a good representation of how he was live. I've been trying to find the Quiet Riot album that had him on it, but I can't find it anywhere.

I can't imagine why he wouldn't, it was a great album.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I love answering these kind of questions. The two that you mentioned are the two most commercially popular solos but he has many good ones. On Blizzard of Ozz - there is Revelation Mother Earth, I Don't Know, Goodbye to Romance, and the two that you mentioned. On Diary of a Madman - there is Over the Mountain, Flying High Again, S.A.T.O., Tonight, Diary of a Madman, and Believer. Personally, I think that any Rhoads solo is amazing. You should really check out these songs. In addition, you should check out the Randy Rhoads Tribute CD, which shows Rhoads live style. He improvises alot in his songs. And there is his famous Suicide Solution Guitar Solo which is ranked 3rd greatest live guitar solo by I forget who. Anyways check his out, great style, great playing, and is my personal favorite. Yeah, and Marshall is releasing the Rhoads signature amp so you should try one to better understand his tone.
All right sweet I'll check those out. But hey, on some of the Itunes reviews it says the ones on Itunes don't have the original rhythm section. What is this?
Quote by rjkahlon
I love answering these kind of questions. The two that you mentioned are the two most commercially popular solos but he has many good ones. On Blizzard of Ozz - there is Revelation Mother Earth, I Don't Know, Goodbye to Romance, and the two that you mentioned. On Diary of a Madman - there is Over the Mountain, Flying High Again, S.A.T.O., Tonight, Diary of a Madman, and Believer. Personally, I think that any Rhoads solo is amazing. You should really check out these songs. In addition, you should check out the Randy Rhoads Tribute CD, which shows Rhoads live style. He improvises alot in his songs. And there is his famous Suicide Solution Guitar Solo which is ranked 3rd greatest live guitar solo by I forget who. Anyways check his out, great style, great playing, and is my personal favorite. Yeah, and Marshall is releasing the Rhoads signature amp so you should try one to better understand his tone.

O RLY? Could you hook me up with an article?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
A couple years back, the original bassist and drummer Bob Daisly and Lee Kerkslake sued Ozzy for royalties not given to them. Ozzy got back at them, by re - recording the bass and drums of Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman with his current line-up. Therefore, he did not have to pay Kerkslake and Daisly. Rhoads guitar track was left alone and Ozzy's vocal was left alone. The Bass and Drums are the "rhythm" section of the band so the Itunes version does not have the originally recorded rhythm section.
Ok, well that sucks. Yes I know what a rhythm section is lol. It looks like Itunes has the original blizzard of oz but not the other one. I guess I'll have to find it somewhere.
It really sucks that he's not as well known as EVH. Personally, I don't think shred would be what it is today had it not been for Randy.
don't forget to check the solo in over the mountain, it's as awesome as the solo in crazy train
also try and look online for you lookin at me lookin at you. its one of the ozzy songs that didn't make it onto blizzard but its pretty sweet. the solo that randy plays is really awesome. shows some great shredding and slower stuff all in one.

Randy was just an amazing guitarist. Ozzy picked him to be the guitarist for his band even though he had had 100s of interviews just when randy was in the hallway practicing and warming up. no need for an audition.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Kind of a solo, the instrumental "Dee" is amazing, so is "Flying High Again" and "Revelation: Mother Earth"
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Vittu0666
It really sucks that he's not as well known as EVH. Personally, I don't think shred would be what it is today had it not been for Randy.

Yeah Randy > EVH by a long shot imo.
Quote by Vittu0666

I knew who Randy Rhoads was as a child well before I knew EVH. I would have thought RR is more famous.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by bootyguard
Ozzy picked him to be the guitarist for his band even though he had had 100s of interviews just when randy was in the hallway practicing and warming up. no need for an audition.

That as may be but Ozzy was high as a kite when he said that, I'm not sure you can trust that as a representation of what he was like as a guitarist. The fact that a more lucid Ozzy said it was "like he was an extension of his guitar" says more to me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
All right thanks for all the suggestions guys. Haha I just noticed that on the re-recorded one he just added another "z" to oz....