hey guys, im preety new to this site, ive been playing guitar for like 5 years but im still a noob, anywaz here my question, i have a mesa boogie dual rectifier, its preety new like a year old and i love the tone when its on the clean setting, unfortunatly i really dislike the overdrive on it, it sounds way too distorted, mudddy and not sharp at all, my old amp was a spider 2 and i loved the insae setting on it, was perfect. so anyone know how i could get hat same kind of sharp lead tone to my mesa, would buying a line 6 pedal be good for it? thanks
no offence but......FAIL

but seriously the Recto have a tendincy to be a bit muddy
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
nah, i don't think any sort of line6 distortion pedal is gonna help you.

try some of these settings that people really like.
http://grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/view-recto-settings.html
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
yea theres no way hes serious about this. its just another one of those joke threads bashing line 6.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

^^ no i think he's serious
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Odd...most people hate the recto's clean tone but love the driven tone...

HD-147 ftw.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Troll?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
On second thought sell me your Recto and buy another Line 6.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
On second thought sell me your Recto and buy another Line 6.

You aren't even going to try an even trade first!?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
You aren't even going to try an even trade first!?

. I had a Spider once. Well actually it was my dads but needless to say it went on craigslist ASAP. Now I'm wishing I had it for this occasion
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by vaibert
hey guys, im preety new to this site, ive been playing guitar for like 5 years but im still a noob, anywaz here my question, i have a mesa boogie dual rectifier, its preety new like a year old and i love the tone when its on the clean setting, unfortunatly i really dislike the overdrive on it, it sounds way too distorted, mudddy and not sharp at all, my old amp was a spider 2 and i loved the insae setting on it, was perfect. so anyone know how i could get hat same kind of sharp lead tone to my mesa, would buying a line 6 pedal be good for it? thanks

You.....what?
Duals recto isn't THAT great.
It's OD is quite possibly the greatest things i've ever heard.
Unless you bought a dud M/B, and a diamond in the rough L6, which I doubt.
Quote by natel0083
You.....what?
Duals recto isn't THAT great.
It's OD is quite possibly the greatest things i've ever heard.
Unless you bought a dud M/B, and a diamond in the rough L6, which I doubt.

SHHHHHHHH tell him that the Spider is superior so he will sell me his recto cheap
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
over drive
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I think the point here is that's it's more of an Overdriven sound as opposed to your Line 6 distortion. Totally different color to the sound there pal.
Problem with Boogies, you need to really crank them to get a good lead tone. An atenuator or light overdrive is the best way to go.

Also try swapping out the cheap M/B branded chinese tubes for some better ones...try JJ 6L6s in the output and maybe some decent 12AX7s (maybe the Philips JAN or the Mullard reissues). Depends exactly what model you've got though, there are quite a few variants (even the Maverick is branded as a Dual Rec).
Obvious troll is obvious.....
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by vaibert

How do you have the EQ's set? Are you cranking the amp or playing at bedroom level?
you should have gotten a roadster/topic
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
omg...

wow...

I srsly can't believe he's serious.....

Either way... I agree with Edge11....that's why I'm buying a roadster.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Yeah, try turning up the volume...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
crank it, and read the manual for how the eq works. yep.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
joke topic/10.

Seriously, this can't be true. If it is, mess with the EQ. Though with any setting it should destroy a line 6.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
hell, even with the bass, mid, and treb maxxed it would sound better than a Line 6
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
What? How dare you buy brands like Mesa Boogie to replace an amp as awesome as Spider!? FAIL!
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
^+1

I would have just bought the awesome spider half stack.make that awesomeness louder