Like the title says, how many songs can you guys play? And by play, I mean all the way through, maybe not perfectly, but all the way through. I've been playing for about three months and I think I've made pretty good progress, but there are so many songs i really want very badly to learn. I could probably make a list of about 50 songs, mostly classic rock that I want to learn but it just doesn't seem like I'll have the time to be able to learn all the songs that I would like to learn. Will learning new songs become easier as I gain experience?
Quote by rockadoodle
Like the title says, how many songs can you guys play? And by play, I mean all the way through, maybe not perfectly, but all the way through. I've been playing for about three months and I think I've made pretty good progress, but there are so many songs i really want very badly to learn. I could probably make a list of about 50 songs, mostly classic rock that I want to learn but it just doesn't seem like I'll have the time to be able to learn all the songs that I would like to learn. Will learning new songs become easier as I gain experience?

I can't count how many i've fully learned. haha, I think everyone loses track eventually.
and yes, things become easier as you progress. Eventually, you should be able to figure most, if not all, of the song by ear. Let it come naturally, though.
well as you keep gaining experience, playing the majority of a song; the chord progression is just a matter of reading it, because the chords become so natural.

when people say 'learn a song' I guess they mean any solos or intros.
i hardly ever learn a song all the way through. i just find some riffs or solos i like and learn those.
Dozens. I don't really keep track. Pretty much all of my favorite bands have like 10 or 15 songs that I love jamming to, some of them even more.
I rarely ever learn songs fully through. If it has a really cool riff, I'll just learn the riff or something like that.

I generally just play my own stuff, or I'll put on something and make up my own stuff over it for practice.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I only say i can play a song if i can pick up the guitar and play the entire song w/ memmorized lyrics and not messup. i know about 15 - 20 songs i dont feel like counting em all. Just because you can play the riff doesnt mean you can play the song.
Not many i only try to learn things that i find is interesting in songs.