I need a new amp so i was looking at the Hot Rod Deluxe on Craigs List and someone near my area is selling it for 450 mint! I play blues and classic rock. I play John Mayer, SRV, BB king, AC/DC, And jimi hendrix. Can someone if this would be a good amp for my style. And if anyone owns it, please to me how you think it is. Thanks
Ive seen them go for cheaper but that is an alright deal. Its really more of a clean amp than anything else though. The cleans sound great but the overdrive leaves much to be desired. I would go try it out and see what you think.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
For the money it's some of the best cleans you can get. The od isn't good though. I've basically replaced the od on mine with a green screamer (soon to have a byoc ts though) and it's perfect for classic rock and the such. It sounds very nice when it's getting slightly overdriven. For the money it's a good amp as long as you're willing to replace the od.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Try to talk him down a bit.
I paid $400 dollars, and he had to ship.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
I'm glad I got mine when they were cheaper. 400$ new from GC
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not