Never have been a big fan of the Strat, but that one cought my eye. Love the look of figured Koa wood.
I think the Tele is version is better, but I may be biased It had a more substantial sound than the Koa Strat I played, plus you see more of the top. I think the tonal qualities of it also work a bit better with a Tele.
Yeah its a very attractive guitar. It's perfect for me because I love blues. I wasn't sure if I made a mistake of buying the koa instead of the standard/
The Tele has a basswood body underneath the Koa top. That alone really put me off from the Tele.The Strat is great and has more tonal possibilities plus I have never been a fan of the Tele's aesthetics. Overall its a great guitar and the Seymour Duncans sound great clean and overdriven.
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
I think you made a good choice, of all the Strats out there, that would be the one I would go for. Keep in mind, I'm not a Strat guy (more of a BC Rich fan, and they have made some beautiful Koa guitars). Let's see some pics!
its not that great
its mediocre at best
its more of a looker than a player
Quote by random_idiot144
The Tele has a basswood body underneath the Koa top. That alone really put me off from the Tele.The Strat is great and has more tonal possibilities plus I have never been a fan of the Tele's aesthetics. Overall its a great guitar and the Seymour Duncans sound great clean and overdriven.

You know the Strat is basswood too right? The Tele also seems to have much more mass to it and the top, and with basswood, the more of it, the better it tends to sound.