im in the market for a jackson sl1 soloist or a caparison TAT, i got a jackson dkmg now, would the switch to a caprison be great or should i stick with the jackson route
Caparison are a bit better value. On the flipside, Jacksons will have a higher value in the long run should you want to sell it. For what it's worth, the company that owns Caparison used ot make MIJ Charvels and the Jackson Professional series.

EDIT: Best way is to play them and find out which you prefer.
Last edited by CJRocker at Mar 2, 2008,
They're the same in pretty much everything but I'd get the Caparison over the Jackson. Not because I don't like Jacksons, but I think the TAT is more comfortable to play than the Jackson
yea i live in canada tho so its not like i can go to the local shop and play a caparison which is gay, but thanks
Question: Aren't Caparisons in the Jap only market? I know that Killswitch Engage and Evergrey both use Caparisons, so I might be wrong. I'd say Jackson because they're easier to obtain. If they are only made in Japan, then they'd be much more expensive thanks to shipping and customs.
A Cap will kill a Jackson.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
as much as i love jackson , the caparison would be better.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
defeniatly the Caparison. I played a Horus HGS a while ago, and it was easily one of the best guitars I've ever played. And it is waaaaay cooler than the jackson
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Thats not even a contest. The Caparison slays everything you could even try to put infront of it. Best bet for you though is to drive to guitar asylum and try both out.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I'm not even going to get into the whole "Dude XmetalcoredujourX endorse Caparison so they slay everything!" hyperbole. The amount of bs that gets flung around here is unbelievable.

The link between Jackson and Caparison is well documented:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jackson-professional-history.htm

Guys spend some time with both and you'll realise that the TAT and Soloist are pretty damn similar. Alder bodies, through-necks and ebony boards even the compound radius is pretty consistent between the two. The only real bone of contention is the Schaller versus OFR.

One real word of warning, the finishes on the sponged Caparisons are quite fragile and can be easily chipped.

In short much of a muchness if you fancy a change go with the TAT if not stick with the SL1.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
Last edited by BigBaldIan at Mar 4, 2008,
As mentioned before, they have quite a few similarities.

Of course, it's all down to personal preference, but in this case, I'd go for the Caparison.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
IMHO the higher end market jackson have really dropped in quality. Thats minus custom shop obviously.

Caparisons are exellent high quality guitars, similar feel to a jackson but much higher quality. And you can feel it when you play them side by side. Also better eye candy!

You can often find them quiet cheaply on ebay etc. so they are kinda a steal.
Quote by False_God
IMHO the higher end market jackson have really dropped in quality. Thats minus custom shop obviously.

Caparisons are exellent high quality guitars, similar feel to a jackson but much higher quality. And you can feel it when you play them side by side. Also better eye candy!

You can often find them quiet cheaply on ebay etc. so they are kinda a steal.

With Jackson, it's less quality and more consistency. that said I haven't heard anyone bitching over getting a crappy one lately at Jackson Charvel Forum, so I'm thinking things are really starting to turn around.