The next pedal I want to buy is probably gonna be a compressor cuz they just sound amazing. So I need a recommendation.

The three I am looking at are:

Boss CS-3

DOD Milkbox

MXR Dynacomp

Any others that you guys can think of that are decent sounding. True bypass would be great. And my MAX budget is $100.

I like to play a lot of instrumental blues/rock/progressive stuff like Andy Timmons, Dream Theatre, Satch, Floyd, etc...

I play a MIM Tele through a Traynor YCV20-WR.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
out of those, id go with the dynacomp. im not a fan of the cs-3, it didnt really sound good to me. the milkbox is supposed to be decent, but the mxr is probably your best bet. you could even go for the supercomp if you want that extra knob.
I bought a CS-3 a while back.. it sucked the hell out of my tone, then it broke.

If you want annihilated dynamics, then get a compressor. Otherwise, be a man and run dry.
Dyna Comp out of those, I am planning to get either that or the Barber Tone press pretty soon.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I got a used Maxon CP101 for $75; it's very transparent.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by -MintSauce-
I bought a CS-3 a while back.. it sucked the hell out of my tone, then it broke.

If you want annihilated dynamics, then get a compressor. Otherwise, be a man and run dry.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I also bought a CS-3, hated it. I've played around with other compressors too. I thought I'd love the increased sustain and such, but I realized how much I loved the dynamics and tone that compressors sucked. My advice is to not buy a compressor unless you're absolutely sure what you're doing. Out of those 3, I'd choose the dyna-comp.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Yeah I know what you guys mean, but I'm not gonna have it on all the time. For certain songs or styles of music I think its great. I know they completely change the tone because thats inherent in compression, but that doesn't make it an unusable tone, just a different one.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/