[without permissin might i add ]
and adjusted the settings to the same as my guitar amps plus i tweaked the presence and i was suppreized
it wasnt bassy at all it was actually really trebley and scratchy sounding

anyone ever tried this?
You havent heard of the Fender Bassman have you then.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
wait, so the bassman is actually a bass amp with a guitar speaker???? wow. That's probably the only thing I learned today.
technically you could play guitar thru anything that will amplify your signal, but a guitar amp is optimized for playing guitar, so it is rather unwise to play through anything else, unless you're looking for that special tone or can't afford $90
It's all about feel
No, the Bassman is a bass amp with a speaker. I'm pretty there's no such thing as a guitar or bass speaker, but how big the cab actually is that allows it to handle low frequencies like that from bass'.
Actually ive played a bassman
i loved it personally on clean but the thing i wondered was
why is it so trebely if its a bass amp?
is it cuz the pickups on a guitar dont grab the low frequencys of bass pickups?

wat i was wondering though is i presonally liked the scratchy toe a bit
but it felt like more of a thing to use for fun
btw the amp i used was an ibanez soundwave bass amp
Quote by Iceman 420
No, the Bassman is a bass amp with a speaker. I'm pretty there's no such thing as a guitar or bass speaker, but how big the cab actually is that allows it to handle low frequencies like that from bass'.

did i hear this right?

so if I plugged a bass into a JCM 900 running into a 1960A cab..

it wouldn't ruin it?

hm..

guitar cabs are radically different from bass cabs

they are designed differently with each instrument in mind, bass cabs are designed to handle the low frequencies of the bass, while guitar cabs are designed to handle all guitar appropriate frequencies, thus why you should never plug a bass into a guitar amp/cab