I'm lookin at a new amp and like the looks of the vox ad50 xl but I was wondering do you think it will be loud enough to play with drums? Its 50 watts.
Thanks
Will
Quote by feceger
I'm lookin at a new amp and like the looks of the vox ad50 xl but I was wondering do you think it will be loud enough to play with drums? Its 50 watts.
Thanks
Will

It will barely cut through. Dont buy the Vox, there are much better and louder amps in its price range. Tube amps, while using the same wattage, sound louder (roughly 2.5x louder) than solid state/hybrid amps. If you give us what genres you play we can suggest you a good tube amp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I play mostly metal (power) with a nice little sprinkle of neo classical topped off with some blues.
Budget is about 700 dollars
the Vox won't cut through the drums just trust me on this. Get a tube head, a cab and you'll cut through drums.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
I've read of a few UGers keeping up with a drummer with a 5 watt tube amp, but there are many in the 15-50 watt range that will do so with much more ease and flexibility.

The Orange Tiny Terror head is quite popular around here.

I've seen many recommendations for the Peavey Classic 30 or 50 amps.

Valvekings and Crate V series also seem highly regarded.

If you like the Tiny Terror but want to spend less, consider the Blackheart Handsome Devil, out in about a month. It has the same tube setup and 15/7 watt operation, so I suspect it is designed to be in the same league.
Used JCM900 combo + OD
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!